We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

too much for 15 day trip?

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
too much for 15 day trip?

Our trip itinerary

Arrive San Francisco 09/09 depart 09/13

Arrive Yosemite 09/13 depart 09/16

Arrive Monterey 09/16 depart 09/19

Arrive Santa Barbara 09/19 depart 09/21

Arrive San Diego 09/21 depart 09/24

Early flight to NYC

Do you think i'm trying to do too much?

Suggestion's idea's welcome

Thank You

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,913 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: too much for 15 day trip?

Your plan is more reasonable and better-paced than many others. You've actually given yourself time to see various places. Hopefully you will have seen some of Big Sur before heading down to Santa Barbara, as that will be a long day - be nice if you had time to visit Cambria, maybe the Santa Ynez valley area (wineries, lavendar, olive and olive oil tasting). The drive from SB to SD will be longish - maybe your longest day.

But you've allowed some time to see some very wonderful places. Good job!

Stoke on Trent...
Level Contributor
688 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: too much for 15 day trip?

I'd agree with Cookie. You have paced this well, but personally I'd take a day from Monterey and add it to either Yosemite or the Big Sur. Your drive to San Deigo will be long and there is so much to see on the way.

3. Re: too much for 15 day trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 00:17