We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yacht club or marina to visit?

Alberta
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
yacht club or marina to visit?

My husband would like to visit a yacht club or marina where we could view large yachts. We enjoyed the marina in the Bahamas just seing how the other half live! Just looking, not buying. We will have a car and will be travelling from Napa to San Francisco.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: yacht club or marina to visit?

Yacht clubs are private unless you belong to one with reciprocal privileges. The South Beach Yacht Club and Golden Gate Yacht Clubs are easy with reciprocals. St. Francis is extremely exclusive.

In all cases you aren't allowed to wander on the piers next to the boats; those ramps are locked and only boat owners have keys. But you can see a number of sailboats either along South Beach, Gashouse Cove (near Fort Mason) or the Marina.

I'd say the larger boats are near St. Francis ... on Marina Blvd from Scott to Broderick However, I wouldn't say there are huge "yachts" there ... wait for America's Cup in 2013!

2. Re: yacht club or marina to visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 14:18