We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wayfare Tavern?

Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Wayfare Tavern?

Was going to eat in Tyler Florence's Rotisserie, and Wine but it got pretty bad reviews! How's Wayfare Tavern?

Thanks

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wayfare Tavern?

Look and see what the folks on Chowhound--www.chowhound.com--the San Francisco Bay Area board--say. I tend to trust them more than newspaper reviews.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,915 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wayfare Tavern?

Take a look at yelp as well (truth in numbers): yelp.com/biz/wayfare-tavern-san-francisco-2

And if you'd like my opinion- I just ate there again last week- and really enjoyed it. The restaurant is a bit noisy for my tastes, but the food delicious (especially the appetizers, loved the fried chicken too) and portions are quite decent sized- with two entrees, an app, and the (free) popovers, we left completely stuffed.

Edited: 29 September 2011, 08:54
Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,771 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wayfare Tavern?

I'll put in a suggestion for you to check it (them?) out on Urbanspoon. (Sorry, to lazy to provide a link.)

hlo

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,830 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wayfare Tavern?

I think the question I would ask would be. Where else are you planning to eat and what type of food and then suggest if that is a place you should go. I agree the food at Wayfare is good -- +1 for Fried chicken but the restaurant is great comfort food. I am sure you can get a lot of great places out in Texas.

There are some great Seafood, Asian and Cali-Mexican places (apart from the Tex-Mex) that I would suggest you try when in SF.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wayfare Tavern?

I liked Wayfare Tavern too. Perhaps more for lunch than dinner but it might have just been what I ordered. And it is definitely comfort food, so great on a cold foggy day!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
6,099 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wayfare Tavern?

I'm in the "liked it" camp. Going again in a week or so for a friend's birthday. It is somewhat filled with (hmmm, how did a former coworker put it? Busty McChesties - think housewives of Beverley Hills). While waiting for the rest of my party to show last time I heard plenty of people as the hostess, "Is Tyler in the house?"

Tyler was - and he was very low key - just a guy running a restaurant.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,915 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wayfare Tavern?

"It is somewhat filled with (hmmm, how did a former coworker put it? Busty McChesties - think housewives of Beverley Hills)."

Yes-- I also noticed it's the well dressed "financial district" crowd that dines here, especially on weeknights! Tyler Florence isn't around the restaurant much these days, but I know he's often seen working the kitchen at his newer Mill Valley restaurant.

Edited: 29 September 2011, 23:20
8. Re: Wayfare Tavern?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 00:18