We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Better circuit to Tahoe and Yosemite

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Guadalajara
Level Contributor
66 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Better circuit to Tahoe and Yosemite

Hi, WE will be arriving Sn. Francisco Dec 22, and we don´t know which circuit road it´s better considering the road, possible strorm snows, distance etc....1) Sn Francisco- Gilroy Outlets- Yosemite Valley- Lake Tahoe- Sn Francisco. 2) Sn. Francisco-Vacaville Outlete-Lake Tahoe-Yosemite- Sn Francisco.

Thank you !!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Better circuit to Tahoe and Yosemite

Vacaville is right on the way to Tahoe. Gilroy adds probably 45 mins to your trip to Yosemite.

Keep in mind that hi 395 may be closed due to snow. You may need to go back down into the valley to get between Yosemite and Tahoe via 99. Hiway 49 is also a good option, more scenic, but slower.

Guadalajara
Level Contributor
66 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Better circuit to Tahoe and Yosemite

Thank you!!

Because I´m worry about how the road could be...or if it could turns very dangerous to drive...my husband is a very good driver, but he has never drive in snow!! In the other hand I saw in the forums that many people use to go to Tahoe and Yosemite in winter....maybe we can do it ok,,,,slowly!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
57,888 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Better circuit to Tahoe and Yosemite

I will reply on your other San Francisco thread (about driving in the state.)

4. Re: Better circuit to Tahoe and Yosemite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 06:17