We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April Camping trips to Yosemite?

Chelmsford, Essex
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
April Camping trips to Yosemite?

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a reliable tour operator that runs 3 day camping trips to yosemite in mid April from san francisco?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April Camping trips to Yosemite?

Check on the Yosemite Forum. Not sure why a tour operator is needed. Drive there, camp, drive back.

Chelmsford, Essex
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: April Camping trips to Yosemite?

I assumed a tour guide would be good because they provide Information camping equipment, guides, transportation etc etc.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: April Camping trips to Yosemite?

I'm aware of a tour which does an overnight to Yosemite (as well as the out and back in a day tour). But I've not heard of anything longer.

Camping gear can be rented at a variety of places in SF. But I can see where having a "one stop" shop for the gear, the transportation and the campsite might be helpful. Hopefully someone on the Yosemite board will be of help.

If you are thinking about DIYing it -- get cracking at reserving a campsite in Yosemite. They book up a year in advance - although they have a liberal cancellation policy so openings occur frequently. The Yosemite forum has a lot of info in their Top Questions about finding lodging in the Park.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
62,378 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: April Camping trips to Yosemite?

The OP has a thread on the Yosemite forum as well. This is one of those situations where both forums might be good. Since the companies originate in SF, this is the place to read their reviews. But planning a DIY trip or planning activities after being dropped off in Yosemite Valley are topics for the Yosemite forum.

We have offered Incredible Adventures, Extranomical, Green Tortoise, TrekAmerica, Intrepid SunTrek, and Amtrak as ideas for the OP. I don't think any of them offer a 3 day camping trip in April, but hopefully the OP can check them all and let us know.

Chelmsford, Essex
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: April Camping trips to Yosemite?

Thanks guys,

I've been in touch with someone from one of the tour companies, it's good to know there are places in SF to hire camping gear. I need to calc up costs I guess and compare. Cheers

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,921 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: April Camping trips to Yosemite?

I found this company on the web. They offer a camping tour of Yosemite. I have no personal experience with them. But the price seem alright:

touryosemite.com/tours/…camp

Chelmsford, Essex
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: April Camping trips to Yosemite?

Ah, thanks for that! :-)

8. Re: April Camping trips to Yosemite?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2012, 10:29