We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alamo Car Rental.

Ringwood, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Alamo Car Rental.

Hi All I have booked a car rental for my trip around California in August. I Have booked a 'Luxury Car' any ideas what cars are in this category? All it says on their website is Cadillac DTS and it appears very hard to get any more information. Anyone got any favourites in this category or recomondations. Also I am picking this car up from Union Square. The last time I had a car from here I just got given the keys at the desk rather than walking around the parking lot and picking one. Is this still the case.

Thank You in advance.

Any advise would be great

Orchards, Washington
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alamo Car Rental.

A Cadillac DTS is a luxury car. What does: "any ideas what cars are in this category" mean? Seems that you would contact Alamo to see if they have any others, but I doubt it, as the Cadillac brand is a GM and that's what Alamo uses.

Ringwood, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alamo Car Rental.

Yes they will use those. But I have had many rental cars in the past (not luxury) and have not once had the car that is used as an example on their website. I was just wondering if anyone had had one recently and what choice of cars were available to them.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,013 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alamo Car Rental.

May I suggest that instead of members of TA just speculating on what cars may or may not be available on a particular day at one of the 3 locations in SF, you may want to call Alamo directly and ask them. Since you have not mentioned where you are located and if you can call the 800 number, here is the link to contacting Alamo or emailing them if that is more convenient.

If they have any other car in the same category that you have booked you can ask them for that at the time of pick up. The Cadillac is a fine luxury car and i am sure you will have a great time driving it.

https://www.alamo.com/ and click on contact us

Have a great time in San Francisco.

Orchards, Washington
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alamo Car Rental.

"you may want to call Alamo directly and ask them."

Isn't that what I just said, belomiser?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,013 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alamo Car Rental.

yes indeed. Great minds think alike

6. Re: Alamo Car Rental.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2013, 10:26