We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too much indecision==would you spend $6,000 4 one rainy week

Too much indecision==would you spend $6,000 4 one rainy week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 22:41
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,470 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Too much indecision==would you spend $6,000 4 one rainy week

This is our rainy season. From Dec to about March and sometimes going into April. It is just that we have had a drought so far and are praying for rain. Forecast calls for rain this week but I don't think most believe it will rain for 2 weeks continuously or we can believe the forecast for next week Our rains are generally no torrential downpours but some rain and drizzle It is up to you to decide. If you want to believe the forecast for next week and also if you think any rain is bad then that could be an issue

SF is a great place anytime even with a light rain

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,470 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too much indecision==would you spend $6,000 4 one rainy week

Looks like you have read the other post on rain and posted there as well. All our answers remain the same.

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Too much indecision==would you spend $6,000 4 one rainy week

Thoughts:

1. San Francisco is known as "the cool gray city of love." The endless sunshine (supposedly) is in Southern California.

2. Is there someplace you'd rather spend $6,000 (not that bad for 5 people) going? To me, San Francisco in a drizzle beats almost any place else sunny.

3. It would cost even more in the summer

Come on out. You can carry umbrellas which will be closed most of the time, You can have a great time.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Too much indecision==would you spend $6,000 4 one rainy week

You've posted this concern in one shape or another about 4 times now. I think you want us to tell you that it's OK to cancel. If you're looking for sunshine it does not appear that you'll get it in SF. Only you can decide if that will ruin your trip.

As belo said, this is our rainy season. March is a very tough month to call. Sometimes it gorgeous, others times not so much.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,957 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Too much indecision==would you spend $6,000 4 one rainy week

Cities like San Francisco and New York City have soooo much to do that can be indoors!! I am surprised that the weather would be so much of a concern

for you! Just look at the poor folks who went to Hawaii last week!

Now they had real problems with rain!!

Dallas TX
Level Contributor
220 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Too much indecision==would you spend $6,000 4 one rainy week

Well, we're heading out to SF tomorrow and stay until Saturday. Disappointed about the rain but we'll try to make the best out of it. We'll probably cut down on walking and probably rule out bike riding. We do have a Dylan tour booked for Wednesday so we'll probably go ahead with that. We have a night tour to Alcatraz on Thursday. Anyone know if those get cancelled due to rain? Anyway, we'll hope for a nice patch here and there to walk the Land's end trail.

Minnesota, USA
Level Contributor
747 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Too much indecision==would you spend $6,000 4 one rainy week

I took an Alcatraz tour several years ago and the day was foggy and rainy-it was not cancelled, but I still had a good time! Don't worry about the weather-it can be unpredictable as well. Many times I've seen rain in the morning and sunshine later in the day. Just pack an umbrella and have a good trip!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,398 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Too much indecision==would you spend $6,000 4 one rainy week

Who believes a weather forecast more than a day or two out?

9. Re: Too much indecision==would you spend $6,000 4 one rainy week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 22:41
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,912 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Too much indecision==would you spend $6,000 4 one rainy week

No need to be offended--- I think you got some good advice on here! Although the rain definitely isn't ideal, I don't think it will ruin your trip...there is plenty to do indoors and booking a tour is a great idea (Mr. Toad's always gets good recommendation on the boards). And if you're here for a full week, I doubt it'll be raining constantly the entire time. Of course can't be sure, but hopefully there will be some sun too.

Edited: 12 March 2012, 16:38