We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how far from Berkeley to Sofitel San Francisco Bay?

California
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
how far from Berkeley to Sofitel San Francisco Bay?

I got a one night stay at the Sofitel as a gift. I am staying in Berkeley, California for a short time and will be traveling from Berkeley to the Sofitel. Is there public transportation from Berkeley to the Sofitel in Redwood City? What would you suggest I see and do while at the Sofitel? I have a one night stay.

sf
Level Contributor
3,471 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: how far from Berkeley to Sofitel San Francisco Bay?

The easiest way would be BART to Millbrae, walk over to the Caltrain station, Caltrain to Redwoood City, then a taxi to the hotel. Its not real easy to get to without a car.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how far from Berkeley to Sofitel San Francisco Bay?

I recommend using http://transit.google.com for address to address directions with an exact time to leave or arrive at the hotel on public transit. It involves BART from the East Bay to Millbrae Station on the Richmond line. Transfer to CALTRAIN heading to San Jose. You may need a taxi from the CALTRAIN stop to the Sofitel hotel.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
53,462 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how far from Berkeley to Sofitel San Francisco Bay?

Oh My. The Sofitel is in Redwood Shores and about 25 miles South of San Francisco and not in any place that most visitors add to their list of places to visit -- It is a business hotel for folks who are there to work or visit EA or Oracle

Getting to that place and from that place will not be easy without a car. You can take BART to Millbrae and then Caltrain to Belmont and perhaps a cab to the hotel would be best .

There may be a bus but you can check samtrans's website for that

Here is a any easy way to see how far place A to place B is

http://g.co/maps/fqum4

I would suggest you find another Sofitel location unless you really have to stay in this one or get a car so you could say drive to Half Moon Bay or further south. By the way Redwood City Caltrain would be too far. Belmont would be closer

Edited: 03 April 2012, 20:33
4. Re: how far from Berkeley to Sofitel San Francisco Bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 02:42