We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcatraz night tour sold out, what to do now?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Alcatraz night tour sold out, what to do now?

I am headed to SF end of May and wanted to do the night Alcatraz tour for either Saturday or Sunday night. Of course I just checked and both days are sold out for the night tours. Does anyone have any advice on how to obtain tickets for the night tours if they are sold out? Willing to pay a little more than they are worth at this point. My gf told me to purchase them a few weeks ago and of course I didn't and now they are gone. Hopefully I don't have to break the news to her as she was excited to see it at night. Are we S.O.L?

Dylan's Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Bike Tours
Streets of San Francisco Bike Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Vantigo Tours
City Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Urban Trek USA
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcatraz night tour sold out, what to do now?

Adam, when they are sold out, that's what they mean, Gone. None available. I suppose you could try craigslist, but that route is so "iffy" and not the best way to do business. But. of course, you knew all that anyway? Good Luck. Chuck...

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
54,229 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcatraz night tour sold out, what to do now?

You could check other resellers/ operators who may have alcatraz night tickets for a higher price or perhaps go for the day trip and do it on an Fri or Sunday when there is a gardens of Alcatraz addition to the tour.

There are some tickets sold the day of but there is no guarantee they will have any for the night tour.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcatraz night tour sold out, what to do now?

Memorial Day weekend?

I looked at reseller web sites and don't find any night tour tickets available for the Sat or Sun on Memorial Day weekend.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alcatraz night tour sold out, what to do now?

Yes it is for Memorial Day weekend. I guess I'll have to continue to try reseller website/operators or craigslist. I figured that was going to be the case but thought i'd ask see.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
54,229 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alcatraz night tour sold out, what to do now?

If you get it from a reseller, that may be ok but I would not risk Cragslist and face the wrath of a PO GF if things don't work out

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alcatraz night tour sold out, what to do now?

Book day tickets before those aren't available either -- a holiday weekend will be crowded in town and Alcatraz is very popular.

Night tour is even more popular and there are only 2 night ferries per night only 5 nights a week ... obviously a lot less capacity.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alcatraz night tour sold out, what to do now?

If you go on the last day tour do they sweep the park before the night tours begin? I guess what I'm asking is if people can take a late day tour and slip into the night tour?

Hunter Valley...
Level Contributor
202 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alcatraz night tour sold out, what to do now?

I booked my night tickets the 90 days before and they vanished within 24 hours, despite being 90 days ahead.

Only suggestion I would have, is go there and maybe someone has 2 tickets to sell as they can't go. Then again, you would need to check if transferable. Very slim chance however.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alcatraz night tour sold out, what to do now?

Suzie asks: <<I guess what I'm asking is if people can take a late day tour and slip into the night tour?>>

Yes, they do make sure that all day trip people are on the last day ferry off the island. Otherwise, the night ferries don't have capacity for all the people heading back.

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alcatraz night tour sold out, what to do now?

Adam you have only one course of action.

LIE to her it's your only way out.

Example:Ferry to Alcatraz has a leak all trips cancelled.