We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B Inn apartment accommodation for four

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
552 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
B&B Inn apartment accommodation for four

Hi

I am looking for three nights B&B/ Inn type accommodation for our family – two parents plus two teenage daughters. We ideally want an apartment or suite that has two bedrooms, and there are a few listed on various sites and in guide books that I liked the look of. As I contact them about availability and prices I am surprised to discover that in the last few months two have closed:

* Bed & Breakfast Inn 4 Charlton Ct, and

* Edward II Bed & Breakfast Inn 3155 Scott St,

the latter after 96 years of operation.

So can anyone recommend a business that would meet our needs? We want to stick to the area marked out at its extremities by North Beach, Marina, Cow Hollow, Union Square.

Also, should these closures be ringing alarm bells? I don’t want to book somewhere now and pay a deposit, only to find it closes between now and our arrival.

Thanks!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B Inn apartment accommodation for four

The Edward II has been closed for at least a year -- the owners had major tax problems.

B&Bs here in California are a bit different than what you're familiar with in the UK.

There are a couple of all suite accomodations in that area: Suites at Fisherman's Wharf and the Cow Hollow Suites. These are typical hotel/motel style accomodations except that the rooms are suites and have kitchens. They're not chintzy and cute in that "ye olde inn" sense.

You might have a look at the Inn at the Presidio. It may be a little pricey but it's very nice. It's an old building that was recently renovated. The Inn just opened in April. tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Tri…

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
552 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B Inn apartment accommodation for four

Thanks for this reply.

The Inn at the Presidio looks nice, but probably best for people with a car. We are picking up ours after the SF stay.

The Suites at Fisherman's Wharf have no availability on our dates - this was my first choice, but couldn't get the right dates, ,which is a pity.

I have sensed that US B&Bs are different - which is fine. There is a massive variety in the UK too.

Because we arrive in SF we want something easy for the first few days, with breakfast included, but wanted the freedom on an apartment. A couple of B&B / Inn-type places do have 'garden houses' or other type of accommodation that gives you the best of both worlds.

We just need to pin down the availability in our preferred area.

3. Re: B&B Inn apartment accommodation for four

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2013, 11:21
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B Inn apartment accommodation for four

"breakfast included" does not happen often in urban US accomodations. There are some chains, like Holiday Inn Express, that offer it but they have just rooms and I've heard complaints that the breakfast area of the one at the Wharf in SF is always very crowded.

The deSol in the Marina has a "family suite" or two and does include a Continental breakfast. I'm not sure whether the suite has a kitchen or not.

The Marina Motel has some family suites also with minimal kitchen equipment (fridge and micor).

You are correct about the Inn at the Presidio. It's a bit of a hike to get out of the Presidio and over to city transit. There is a Presidio shuttle but it doesn't run frequently.

5. Re: B&B Inn apartment accommodation for four

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2012, 18:39
California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: B&B Inn apartment accommodation for four

Hey therese t that's the same place that therese a has been recommending today. Interesting.

That is a room in someone's apartment. You share with the owner or other travelers. To be fair you and the other therese should include that information in you reco mmendation/

7. Re: B&B Inn apartment accommodation for four

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 02:42