We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge

Connecticut
Level Contributor
186 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge

I'm looking for hotels near Fisherman's Wharf that have incredible views of the bay without being stuffy. I want to splurge just a little for one night(special occasion ) without

breaking the bank. Are there such places?

Misty Blue

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge

People say the Argonaut has a view of the bridge but I doubt there are many rooms there that do. There is a hill between the two that would get in the way and the Argonaut is only 3 (maybe 4) stories.

Tower rooms at the Fairmont on Nob Hill but again, you need a high floor as Russian Hill stands between the two and there are some high rise apartment buildings on Russian Hill.

If you look at a map of SF and the relationship of the waterfront to the bridge, you'll see that whatever view you have is angled and not frontal. For that you'll need to book at room at Alcatraz ;-)

Connecticut
Level Contributor
186 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge

Thanks for that info. Doesn't sound like I'm in luck there.

Then how about a view of the bay....or alcatraz.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
6,181 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge

You might consider some of the hotels on the Embarcadero - for views of the Bay Bridge. It's so-so by day, but is lit up at night.

Hyatt Embarcadero

Harbor Court

Hotel Griffon

Hotel Vitale

I think Hyatt Embarcadero might be easiest and cheapest, but you'll need a high floor.

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,169 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge

I would call the Argonaut and ask them about a GG Bridge view. I believe they have some upper floor west facing rooms that have a good view of the bridge.

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,169 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge

OK, I just did a little research out of my own curiosity. From what I can gather by looking at photos and reviews on TA it seems that the Argonaut does have rooms with a view of the GG Bridge. The caveat being that the building was built as a cannery and not intended to be a hotel therefore the windows are rather small.

They are not the type of big picture window that one would want to sit in front of with a glass of your favorite beverage and just soak up the view.

Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,631 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge

Hotel Vitale is more $$$ than the Argonaut. The Argonaut does have GG views. The rooms look over rooftops that aren't that scenic though. Something to keep in mind.

PS One of my cousins is named Misty Blue.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,633 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge

Would the Inn at the Presidio possibly have such views? It's certainly nearer the Golden Gate Bridge, but I can't picture what buildings or trees might be in between.

It's a little bit remote, but for one night might be fun.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge

Inn at the Presidio is a good idea for a blow out evening (so is the Drisco but it doesn't have bridge views either) but it wouldn't have views of the Bridge. It's only 2 stories and too many trees and buildings -- and the hill heads up along Lincoln as well

Connecticut
Level Contributor
186 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge

Thank you all for the suggestions on hotels.

I have a bit of work to do on this. I'm sure I'll come up with something special.

Can't wait to get back to San Francisco. It's been almost 20 years since my last visit.

Misty Blue

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
21,666 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge

Thinking out of the box, what about a hotel in Sausalito? I don't know a specific one but it seems there must be some place with a view of Golden Gate.