We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

exhibits?

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
jacksonville
Level Contributor
368 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
exhibits?

I have a choice of going to either the Aquarium of the Bay or California Academy of Sciences. My main interest is reefs, aquarium life ect.. FOr those of you who have been to both, which would you suggest based on the quality of the sea life/aquariums ?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,718 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: exhibits?

In my opinion there is no contest. Go to the California Academy of Sciences.

I don't know what they have about reefs, however. But if they do not, neither will the Aquarium of the Bay.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
5,561 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: exhibits?

Aquarium of the Bay is a relatively tiny tourist attraction at Pier 39. It's fine if you are interested in sea life and won't be able to see anything else.

If you really want some serious aquarium time - you can't beat the Monterey Bay Aquarium - but if you aren't leaving San Francisco, then the next best thing is the California Academy of Sciences.

Edited: 14 May 2012, 02:56
jacksonville
Level Contributor
368 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: exhibits?

thank you both. I wish I had time to go to the aquarium in Monterey. I think I will stick with the Academy of Science

Level Contributor
905 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: exhibits?

If you have a fear of tropical butterflies landing on your head then you should dread the tropical rain forest.

Also if Claude is still there, I have not been to the Academy for a year, say hello for me. He will be be wearing white.

calacademy.org/academy/…

The Penguine Lady at feeding time is treated by the humans and the penguines as a rock star (she is a highly credentialed biologist)

www.google.com/url…

The food court at the Academy is an eye sore copy pasted from some any mall anywhere. The Deyoung, across the band shell piazza has a open air cafe.

5. Re: exhibits?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 22:40