We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Francisco Giants Baseball Tickets

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
San Francisco Giants Baseball Tickets

Hi,

Just wondered if anybody could help me? My wife and I were planning to go and watch the Giants play baseball. How easy is to get tickets? Can we get them before we arrive or can you just buy them on the gate? They are playing the astro's in july if this helps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

M

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Francisco Giants Baseball Tickets

Giants have sold out pretty consistently this season so I wouldn't wait to get tickets. www.stubhub.com is a good outlet. Most of the tickets offered there are from season holders who won't be using the tickets for that game. Very often you can print the ticket off immediately after purchasing. I just bought one yesterday and it was very easy.

Go to the Giants site -- www.sfgiants.com -- and you can put in the section and row number and see what the vista will be like.

I realize you're only here for a small window of time, but the longer you wait, the Sub Hub prices will go down. I bought last night on a whim for Thursdays day game and the ticket was only $3 and although it's in the upper deck it's not a bad seat at al.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Francisco Giants Baseball Tickets

If possible go for a night game as you can get the day to do other things in SF but please bring layers and Jackets even for a day game as it will be cold on all nights and cool most days

our Summer Fog is back together we're Giant

USA
Level Contributor
92 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Francisco Giants Baseball Tickets

Unless you choose a major rivarly such as the Dodgers, you should not have problems getting tickets on Stubhub. For most games, The Giants actually charge more than Stubhub these days so I would not buy them at the gate. I go to alot of games and have sat everywhere in the park and can give advice on particular sections and rows if need be. Have fun!

Edited: 16 May 2012, 19:21
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,437 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Francisco Giants Baseball Tickets

RamblinSal said "the ticket was only $3"

Keep in mind that Stubhub charges a minimum of $10.45 in fees so those $3 tickets, while still a bargain, will cost substantially more.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
841 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Francisco Giants Baseball Tickets

Just a quick one - I've got a friend who was over in SF recently watching both Giants and A's games - to me it didn't look like there was much of a crowd.

I've been looking at stub-hub as well. If I buy a seat up in the higher decks behind the batter and during say the third innings wander down lower - is it possible to sneak into different seats - or do they check your tickets as you come and go?

I actually quite like the elevated position - but given this will probably be my one and only baseball game that I go to - i wanted to view it from various positions

I'll be going on a Tuesday Night to AT&T against a team I'd never heard of - so hopefully the crowd won't be that packed

USA
Level Contributor
92 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Francisco Giants Baseball Tickets

Some of the ushers are much more strict than at most ballparks. For some reason, those ushers this year seem to be along the first base side. So if you want to sneak down I'd try more on the third base side. And you aren't likely going to be able to walk all the way down near the field without being checked by the usher near the bottom, so I wouldn't get too greedy unless its late in the game.

If you don't mind standing, the ushers on the third base side have not been being strict with standees behind the last rows of seats. Technically they aren't supposed to allow it, but they have been cool to me. Since this is a night game, I'll bet you'll be alright.

Most of the seats in the park are great, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

You're going to have a great time. If you are by yourself, bring a portable radio and put on KNBR 680 AM. We have some good broadcasters.

Edited: 17 May 2012, 02:29
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: San Francisco Giants Baseball Tickets

Sean C says: <<Keep in mind that Stubhub charges a minimum of $10.45 in fees so those $3 tickets, while still a bargain, will cost substantially more.>>

Actually the fee was only $5. More than the ticket but still only $8 total.

Edited: 17 May 2012, 02:30
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,437 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: San Francisco Giants Baseball Tickets

Better check your Stubhub transaction receipt - Stubhub charges a $5.45 charge for ticket delivery, and another 10% of the ticket price with a $5 minimum service fee.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: San Francisco Giants Baseball Tickets

Whoops, you are right. OK, $13 and change. Still a good deal. Especially for the St. Louis game.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,437 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: San Francisco Giants Baseball Tickets

RamblinSal - I'll be at the game tomorrow as well. Love the weekday games as it feels more like I'm "playing hookie". GO GIANTS!