We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emperor Norton

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
5,679 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
Emperor Norton

I just had to share. I just got off the J-Church on my commute home and there was a passenger dressed as Emperor Norton!

Almost as fun as seeing the San Francisco Twins (who I have not seen in quite awhile, hope they're in good health).

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Norton

Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emperor Norton

Interesting! And who are the SF twins?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emperor Norton

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marian_and_Vivian_Brown

They're adorable ... I've been seeing them since the 70s. Not recently however.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,328 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emperor Norton

Ha ha____The Emperor returns !

Haven't seen the twins for a while either ____love to catch the Emperor.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,508 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Emperor Norton

Dress rehearsal for B to B?

Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Emperor Norton

They are adorable. I hope they are well.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Emperor Norton

Hey:

Met them at Uncle Vito's while visiting San Francisco on May 18 and had a nice chat with them. They are lovely and in good health.

I had no idea who they were and was trying to find out. Now I know.

I think they are regulars at Uncle Vito's at their table and you would see them in the window as you go up the hill.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Emperor Norton

They live close by to Uncle Vito's. They are probably feeding them for free for the opportunity to get them in the window.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
167 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Emperor Norton

There was an Emperor Norton restaurant on Sacramento and Sansome. Out of business, and some other restaurant took over.

Emperor Norton was standing by the 1/2 price booth in Union Square inviting everybody to the play about him at Shelton a few years back :)

There is Emperor Norton inn on Post at Taylor - probably not a place for tourists.

--
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Emperor Norton

Regarding the usurper Emperor Norton, could it have been this gentleman? …photobucket.com/albums/… Apparently he's running a tour of the downtown area under the name "Emperor Norton's Fantastic San Francisco Time Machine" http://emperornortontour.com/index.html . I saw him shepherding a group through Maiden Lane a few weekends ago. He sounded quite eloquent.

Edited: 22 May 2012, 20:43
10. Re: Emperor Norton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 03:41