We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Francisco Parking

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
San Francisco Parking

I am staying at the Omni hotel at the end of June. We will be there for four nights. Parking is expensive so I was wondering if anyone knew of parking garages that we could park at overnight. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Omni San Francisco Hotel
Omni San Francisco Hotel
5,684 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Francisco Parking

That's a pricey area for parking. Portsmouth Square on Kearny and Sacramento is probably the best. Take a look here: sanfrancisco.bestparking.com/index.php#1

The best advice I have is not to have a car!

Edited: 31 May 2012, 20:39
Mentioned in this post
Sacramento
Sacramento
California
Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,383 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Francisco Parking

Dump the car if possible.

If not check this site: sanfrancisco.bestparking.com/index.php#1

sf
Level Contributor
3,622 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: San Francisco Parking

I think this is one of the most repeated question on this forum, and the general answer is to avoid rentals unless you'll be making a lot of trips out of the area, have the company paying the bill, or unfazed by the added costs. In your case you're right in the middle of the Financial District, so add congestion and a lot of foot traffic to high parking costs.

SF
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: San Francisco Parking

If you are renting, try returning the car in the evening and re-renting in the morning. They'll park the car overnight for free :-) There are places that'll pick you up and drop off. City Rent A Car, for example.

Edited: 01 June 2012, 05:57
Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: San Francisco Parking

thank you for all of the responses. unfortunately we are renting at LAX going up to san fran and then back to LA so will not be able to return the car in between

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Francisco Parking

We parked after 7.00 pm and picked up before 8.00 am for $12 overnight. If we missed the 8.00 am deadline, it would have been $32 plus whatever extra hours you parked there.

We parked at the public carpark opposite Loehmann's in Sutter St, west of Kearny, which doesn't look all that far from the Omni. Google maps says 7 minutes walk, so you may find the same deal closer. I grabbed the car before breakfast and parked it nearby my hotel where the parking meters didn't start till 9.00 am.

We did not find driving or parking in San Francisco any more difficult than back at home. TBH, it was easier and cheaper !

Mentioned in this post
Omni San Francisco Hotel
Omni San Francisco Hotel
5,684 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
7. Re: San Francisco Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 19:40