We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Embarcadero Area Hotels

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC Area
Level Contributor
291 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Embarcadero Area Hotels

How are Embarcardero area hotels? I am thinking of staying in one (3 or 4 star) for four nights and exploring The City from there. I was told Embarcardero hotels were the happy medium in terms of location and atmosphere���close enough to the water, but not touristy like Fisherman���s Wharf and close enough to attractions/cable cars but not near the Tenderloin or have a high population of vagrants like Union Square area. So I���ve been told. Plan to get an embarcadero room on hotwire���any thoughts? Thanks!

san francisco, ca
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Embarcadero Area Hotels

the embarcadero is great. it's walking distance to union square, chinatown, north beach, fisherman's wharf, the ball park, and a huge selection of restaurants.

the hyatt regency is the main hotel where market street meets the bay.

the harbor court is also really nice.

here is a list of hotels in the embarcadero from the city of san francisco site:

…travelhero.com/index.cfm/…index.html

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Embarcadero Area Hotels

My husband and I will be in San Francisco in May and I found a brand new hotel (not opening until March 2005) Hotel Vitale across from the Ferry Building...I've really done my homework and I think you may like this hotel at the corner of Mission and The Embarcadero. They are currently offering a discount for the Grand Opening if you book directly through them.

Have fun!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Embarcadero Area Hotels

I've stayed at the Hyatt Regency many times and its a great hotel. The rooms are big, the service is great and I think you will like it. I have traveled to SF often for business and usually rotate my stays between the Embarcardero area and Union Square. Have a great trip!