We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations

Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Accommodations

Hi - I'm trying to plan my first trip to San Francisco and would like to keep my nightly hotel budget to $125/night. Is this unrealistic? If so, can you guys recommend an alternative (i.e., airbnb, etc.)?

Thanks in advance.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,044 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodations

Depends on the time of year. But you can search for Budget hotels on this forum and find places in that budget (perhaps with 15% more for tax)

Try Grant, Baldwin, Cornell, Des Arts and there are many more

In the Lombard Street area -- try Redwood Inn, Travelodge Presidio and perhaps Coventry, Cow Hollow, Buena vista. Should be around that range

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,380 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodations

The Lombard Street area might be your best bet as belomiser suggested.

Have a look at this website and check out all the properties along Lombard that include the ones belomiser mentioned.

Ignore the couple at the Wharf.

http://www.lombardstreethotels.com/

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,047 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodations

When is your trip?

You might be able to get a good hotel on Priceline for that price.

Take a look at www.biddingfortravel.com and www.betterbidding.com for tips on how to use PL,

Edited: 05 June 2012, 22:56
Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,047 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodations

FYI dates of travel can make a huge difference in hotel prices because of the conventions that come to town.

Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodations

If there's not a convention or some large event, you can easily get 1/2 off of the best going rate for a four star hotel in SF using name your own price on Priceline. Keep in mind parking is and extra 40.00-50.00. You want to review the areas you select carefully though as their map of SF can include way out at the airport, etc..

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodations

Other budget options (yet still nice) along Lombard are the Capri and Marina Motel.

Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodations

thanks all for the suggestions! i'll definitely look into them once we have airfare locked in.

8. Re: Accommodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 20:15