We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best scenic ride to big sur

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
74 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Best scenic ride to big sur

Hi need urgent help, which is the best way to go big sur or to say most scenic... Staying one night at big sur..

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,418 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best scenic ride to big sur

Best way ?

Do you have a car ? That is the best way as public transport is not easy to catch and will take a long long time. You do need to drive or you wont be able to see much.

Are you asking for the route ? I presume the starting point is SF if so go down Highway 1 all the way to Big Sur Village and to your hotel. Find your way to 280S and you will see an exit for Pacifica and go through Pacifica, half moon bay, santa Cruz, monterey and Carmel and to Big Sur village

Maps.google.com can help

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,296 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best scenic ride to big sur

Why is this so urgent? Are you going tonight??

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,450 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best scenic ride to big sur

I think the *best way* as well as the *most scenic* would be to arrange for private helicopter transport. if you really want to be adventurous you could parachute in.

If you want to be mundane, the only other option to get to Big Sur is either by walking or vehicle on Highway 1

California
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best scenic ride to big sur

Sean, I <3 your response.

5. Re: Best scenic ride to big sur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 07:17