We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport rental car

Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
airport rental car

When renting a car at San Francisco airport, do you have to leave the airport to get your car? We are renting from Dollar. When I look up the location for this rental car company, it says it is in lot C, but I thought I remembered that it took you off site to get a car. Trying to figure out where the car company is so we can find a place to eat close by.

Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport rental car

Post your request on the San Francisco forum. This is a general forum fort TA users.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
77,442 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport rental car

Hi mom2princess;

This forum, the TripAdvisor Support forum, is for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site itself.

For questions about travelling to specific destinations, you can use the destination forums. The San Francisco forum is here on TA;

I would suggest posting your query on that forum.

Best Regards

Level Contributor
1,954 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
3. Re: airport rental car

Hi mom2princess,

I noticed that you had inadvertently posted your question in the TA Support forum, so I have moved the topic on your behalf to the San Francisco forum. I hope you find the information you need to plan your upcoming travels.

Kind regards,

TripAdvisor Support Team

Edited: 17 June 2012, 11:29
Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport rental car

Hi mom2princess

TA has moved your thread to the San Francisco forum -- welcome!

At SFO the "on airport" rental car companies are all located at the Rental Car Center which is a ways away from the terminals and near Long Term Parking. To access them you take the airport's free Air Train.

Here is a airport map from SFO's website: www.flysfo.com/web/page/as_airportmaps.htm

5. Re: airport rental car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 05:41