We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caltrain to San Jose from Millbrae/SFO Station on a Saturday

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
549 reviews
Save Topic
Caltrain to San Jose from Millbrae/SFO Station on a Saturday

I know I need to take BART to Millbrae Station.

What tickets exactly do I need to buy?

Here is a weekend timetable for those interested:

caltrain.com/schedules/weekendtimetable.html

Any other suggestions or recommendations?

How long can I expect to take from the time arriving at SFO Bart Station to get to Millbrae?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Millbrae
Millbrae
California
California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caltrain to San Jose from Millbrae/SFO Station on a Saturday

From SFO BART to the Millbrae station on the weekend is 4 minutes at a cost of $4 except after July 1 it's $4.05. The ticket will store the fare and as you exit will deduct teh appropriate amount.

Mentioned in this post
Millbrae
Millbrae
California
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
549 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caltrain to San Jose from Millbrae/SFO Station on a Saturday

Thanks Suzie. Do you think it's more convenient to just take the Moneterey Shuttle from Terminal B?

(Link to schedule):

http://www.montereyairbus.com/schedules.php

It looks faster, then I could taker light rail from SJC into the city.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caltrain to San Jose from Millbrae/SFO Station on a Saturday

Seems like the Caltrain is faster. 4 minutes on BART from SFO and then less than 50 minutes on the train to Diridon Station where you can get downtown rather quickly. IDK either way is some transferring. I guess it depends on whether you want 1 transfer or 2.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
6,023 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caltrain to San Jose from Millbrae/SFO Station on a Saturday

It will be easier and faster to take BART/Caltrain rather than the Monterey Airbus. BART and Caltrain are less expensive and run more often, plus Caltrain drops you off on the edge of downtown San Jose. From there you can walk or take a bus or light rail to your final destination. See http://www.vta.org for information on getting around once you are in San Jose.

The airport bus will drop you off at SJC. From there, you'll have to take a bus to the Metro/Airport light rail station, then transfer to the light rail to reach downtown. This takes some time, negating any speed advantage the airport bus has over Caltrain.

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
California
5. Re: Caltrain to San Jose from Millbrae/SFO Station on a Saturday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 20:15