We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Partial toll???

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
930 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Partial toll???

When I got directions from the Oakland Airport to the Chancellor hotel on google maps,, at one point the directions read,

5. Keep left at the fork and merge onto I-80 W

Partial toll road

Does anyone know what the tole is for that distance? Is there a better way to go, perhaps without a toll?

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
22,100 posts
5,162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Partial toll???

The toll is at the bridge - so there is not a way to escape that unless you drive way south to San Jose and then back to San Francisco using 101 or 280. its to get across the water. Current toll fare for the bridge is $5.00. It will be less costly to just pay the bridge toll fee than to drive very far to try to avoid it. Have a good trip.

Toronto
Level Contributor
930 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Partial toll???

Thank you for your reply. $5.00 is fine, and I agree the more direct the better.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Partial toll???

Just make sure you don't go thru the FASTRAK-only lanes which are located in the middle and far right of the toll plaza.

Go to lanes marked for Cash / FASTRAK.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,846 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Partial toll???

The Bay Bridge toll varies by day and time. It is $5 on weekends. During the week, it is $6 during peak hours (5-10 AM, 3-7 PM) and $4 otherwise. There is a special carpool toll during peak hours for Fastrak users, but this probably doesn't apply to you.

http://bata.mtc.ca.gov/tolls/schedule.htm

P.S. Are you renting a car because your itinerary takes you out of San Francisco? A car will be a burden if you are visiting SF.

Toronto
Level Contributor
930 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Partial toll???

Thank you for the added information. We will be arriving on a Thurs. about 5:30 - 6:00, so it would have thrown me if it was 6 dollars. Now I know. And yes we rented a car, because after SF, we are heading to Monterey for a few days, and then to Calistoga in the Napa region. Thank you for your replies.

We got a park, dine and stay pkg. with the Chancellor hotel, so once the car is parked we willt get a Muni pass.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
22,100 posts
5,162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Partial toll???

Thanks davdaven for clarifying.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,846 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Partial toll???

Excellent. I just didn't want you to be surprised by $30+ parking fees per night. Enjoy your visit! :)

8. Re: Partial toll???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 20:15