We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to eat at Fishermans Wharf

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
where to eat at Fishermans Wharf

We are going to fishermans wharf tomorrow and if anyone has suggestions on where we can have an inexpensive lunch I would love to hear from you. We don't need anything fancy just fast and cheap. Thanks and any advice on parking would be helpful too.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
49,369 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to eat at Fishermans Wharf

fast and cheap -- In N Out burger or Chipotle.

Seafood -- not at FW but there are other places to eat in SF that have better food. If you do want to eat seafood please read reviews on yelp.com and decide. Scoma's there is quite ok but it is not in the inexpensive category

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
23,511 posts
5,363 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to eat at Fishermans Wharf

Boudins - have their clam chowder and watch the sourdough bakers....

or read the boards by the the restaurants (behind the fish monger sales people) and see what the daily special is. Fisherman Wharf is not your pricey seafood - but quite acceptable - for lunch.

www.boudinbakery.com/index.cfm?page_id=71

(Note: Some of the locals here love to bash Fisherman Wharf - but what i find fun about Fisherman Wharf is that it is touristy and different since its a great place to people watch; see the acts; watch the cable cars; see the museum of arcade toys; see the water front; and more.....Yeah, its touristy but when you are a tourist its fun. Have a good time.)

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to eat at Fishermans Wharf

The Codmother for Fish & Chips.

Sally's Famous Fishwich -- a whole fish sandwich.

Both are quick.

yelp.com/biz/sallys-famous-fishwich-san-fran…

yelp.com/biz/the-codmother-fish-and-chips-sa…

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,363 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to eat at Fishermans Wharf

I love the sidewalk stalls outside the restaurants at Taylor Street on the Wharf. I really like the shrimp or crab salad sandwiches. My GF likes the clam chowder, so she'll order that at the outside cafe across the street. I get my seafood sandwich and join her.

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to eat at Fishermans Wharf

The Codmother - its a little blue trailer and they have the best fish and chips. It's made fresh so you may have to wait 5 or 10 minutes, but it is delicious!!! My sister and I ate there last year and LOVED it!!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
49,369 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to eat at Fishermans Wharf

I guess many votes for Codmother . Must go there next time we take visitors to FW.

Boudins is now all over Ca and in malls and in DCA in Anaheim so if one does want that chowder you can get it at a mall near you in CA. Best again imho the best Chowda is out in New England.

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to eat at Fishermans Wharf

We also ate at the Codmother and it was delish.

sacramento ca
Level Contributor
679 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: where to eat at Fishermans Wharf

i've never heard of Codmother and we go there alot. will have to remember

thanks!

9. Re: where to eat at Fishermans Wharf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 05:46