We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from one hotel to another

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Walking from one hotel to another

How far is the Chancellor hotel from the Marriott Marquis hotel on 4th St and can anyone give me a rough idea of how long it would take to walk between one hotel and the other?

Also, would it be safe to walk from one to the other late at night (prolly midnight)? TIA

Best Seller
Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour
2,260 reviews
from US$99.00*
Best Seller
San Francisco Super Saver: Muir...
1,581 reviews
from US$117.00*
Best Seller
Big Bus San Francisco Sightseeing and...
209 reviews
from US$110.00*
Best Seller
Muir Woods, Giant Redwoods and...
2,472 reviews
from US$62.00*
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,601 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking from one hotel to another

According to google maps it's 0.4 miles and 7 minutes.

It should be a relatively safe walk. Of course it pays to be aware of your surroundings in the city, but I wouldn't be overly concerned about that walk with city street smarts.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
53,531 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking from one hotel to another

I would use Google maps -- maps.google.com as holodan said to get your bearings around SF. You can see where Union Square is and where the Marquis is and also any of the other areas you may need to visit.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking from one hotel to another

If you choose not to walk, that's one area of town where cabs are pretty easy to find.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking from one hotel to another

That would be about a two minute cab ride which would feel a bit ridiculous if you didn't have mobility issues.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
28,911 posts
6,058 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking from one hotel to another

Given the number of people out and about at 11 p.m. last night walking in this area - you will think its day time! Lots of people walking between places...many are tourists

With any city,normal precautions regarding safety - i.e. be aware of your surroundings) is always a good idea regardless of time of day.

Edited: 19 July 2012, 18:31
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,579 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking from one hotel to another

If I were doing it from the Chancellor, I would walk down to Post (half a block), turn left and walk one block to Stockton, then right for three blocks to Market and 4th. The hotel is across Market Street.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,567 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking from one hotel to another

Here is a map showing both hotels____the Chancellor just above Union Square and if you follow Puters route it's easy and safe .

baycityguide.com/images/maps_pdf/ggpark_Unio…

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking from one hotel to another

Thx all for info.

9. Re: Walking from one hotel to another

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2013, 10:16