We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping/RV grounds between Laytonville & San Francisco

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sunshine Coast Qld
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Camping/RV grounds between Laytonville & San Francisco

Hi we are returning in August from The Gaia Festival in Laytonville to San Francisco in August and were looking for a special spot to camp for 1 night. Ideally somewhere with nice creek & redwoods.

Any recommendations appreciated

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,083 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping/RV grounds between Laytonville & San Francisco

you'll be ready for some cool weather. so head over to the coast on 20 to Ft Brag, turn south, and camp at Russian Gulch or Van Damme or one of those coastal state parks. State parks are far cheaper than commercial sites and are generally sited in the best places. Some places are better for tents and some are better for RV. I like the more open parks along the seashore, but these particular parks I mentioned are more inland along a redwood creek and just off the highway.

Check out the park site:http://www.parks.ca.gov/ParkIndex/#region-8

Sunshine Coast Qld
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping/RV grounds between Laytonville & San Francisco

Thanks dhauk

I'm afraid the parks you mentioned have no availability on the date we are after. Hendy Woods SP was available. Would you recommend It?

Cheers

3. Re: Camping/RV grounds between Laytonville & San Francisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2013, 10:17