We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun Things to Do Near Union Square - Mom/Teen Daughter

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, OH
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fun Things to Do Near Union Square - Mom/Teen Daughter

My family will be staying at the Grand Hyatt in Union Square next week. My husband and son are attending the Giants game on Monday evening and I'm looking for a casual restaurant and activity for my 15 year old daughter and I to do for a few hours. Any fun dinner ideas and an activity within walking distance near Union Square? Thank you!

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun Things to Do Near Union Square - Mom/Teen Daughter

Shopping and eating inside Macy's at the Cheesecake Factory. Perfect for a 15 year old.

Walking through Chinatown, and eating there.

Going to the Westfield Mall on Market St near Powell and checking out the food court in the bottom. Go upstairs and troll the stores.

Apologies if your daughter doesn't do shopping. If not, come back and let us know.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,021 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun Things to Do Near Union Square - Mom/Teen Daughter

Ugh, they have a Cheesecake Factory and Macy's right there in Columbus (Dublin is a suburb of Columbus). Why would they come all the way to one of the best dining cities in the world to eat at Cheesecake Factory and shop at Macy's. Westfield Mall is a good suggestion, and yet there are many stores there that's the same all over the country. Better to shop at the more boutique stores along the streets around Union Square.

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun Things to Do Near Union Square - Mom/Teen Daughter

Because she's 15

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun Things to Do Near Union Square - Mom/Teen Daughter

Cheesecake Factory ... yuck. One reason for the obesity epidemic in America.

Head over to Belden Alley. It's about 4 blocks from Union Square. Runs from Bush to Pine between Kearny and Montgomery. It's lined with restaurants all of which have seating in the alley. A variety of food types -- French, Spanish, Italian, seafood, etc. Very European in feeling.

Or Claude Lane which is 1/2 block up Bush on the other side of the street (runs from Bush to Sutter). Cafe Claude or Gitane.

Definitely not cookie cutter, anywhere in America places.

Dublin, OH
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Fun Things to Do Near Union Square - Mom/Teen Daughter

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions! We do have Cheesecake Factory and Macys here in Columbus so we were looking for something more unique...Belden Alley sounds like a good choice...I will check it out! Thank you!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fun Things to Do Near Union Square - Mom/Teen Daughter

Perhaps you two can get a facial or a spa treatment close to your hotel. Boys -- Games, Girls -- Spa. Why not ?

Go Giants !! and err Go Girls.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fun Things to Do Near Union Square - Mom/Teen Daughter

More info on Belden Alley: http://www.belden-place.com/

8. Re: Fun Things to Do Near Union Square - Mom/Teen Daughter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2013, 10:16