We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice romantic restaurant at the Pier

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
594 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Nice romantic restaurant at the Pier

Hello All,

Looking for a nice rest. with good seafood or something other than the usual italian/american fare. not tooo expensive but romantic, either near the Piers or Union Sq.

Thanks!

Jaee

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,665 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice romantic restaurant at the Pier

We like McKormick and Kuleto's seafood restaurant in Ghirardelli Square. It is all windows on the bay side and the tables are set in tiers so everybody gets a view. Very pretty interior. Not cheap though.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice romantic restaurant at the Pier

If you like mussels, try Plouf on Belden Alley. Sit near the fireplace.

It is limited in its other seafood offerings, and has some meat main courses.

sfgate.com/cgi-bin/…

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice romantic restaurant at the Pier

McCormicks & Kuletos at Ghirardelli Square is very decent for seafood and they have a great view. I don't think they're all that expensive either. There is definitely better food to be had, but this fits your criteria perfectly.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,607 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice romantic restaurant at the Pier

I agree with "Better" .

Plouf is worth considering. Belden Alley has a romantic European feel.

Dont go Sundays like we tried last time and everything except one restaurant was closed.

monterey,ca
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice romantic restaurant at the Pier

We like A. Sabella's. It is on the second floor via an elevator . It is nearly directly across the street from Alioto's on the wharf. It is NOT mobbed or noisey like so many other places nearby. We did not feel rushed. They have a web site so maybe you can get an idea of the prices. I didn't pay but I don't remember my husband commenting on how expensive it was. We've been to several places and this is our favorite. MG

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
594 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice romantic restaurant at the Pier

thanks all!

i'll look them up.. we will need it for a thursday/friday nite so thr shudnt be a problem getting a table :)

Jaee

California
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice romantic restaurant at the Pier

Scoma's--the greatest! SF atmosphere, WAY out on the pier and bay view. I always have a Caesar's salad and a bowl of mussels with sourdough to dip in the garlic broth.