We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how long before reviews get posted?

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Topic
how long before reviews get posted?

Quick question - does anyone know how long it takes to have a review posted? I wrote one Sunday am and it still hasn't been posted (another post was from a stay after i wrote mine)

Thx!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how long before reviews get posted?

It depends if you attached photos or not. It takes longer if you added photos.

The Timing depends on a lot of factors, I would contact TA support if you want more info.

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how long before reviews get posted?

Usually one day.

They usually send an e mail to confirm a review has been posted.

I did send a review and it was never posted.

Suggest you post again.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how long before reviews get posted?

Sunday to Thursday isn't very long -- especially in summer. TA gets something like 11,000 reviews a DAY!!

TA usually sends out an email that you have to respond to -- at least with the first review. Did you get one? (Possibily check your spam folder.)

Here's the link to the Support Forum. The regulars over there are volunteers, not TA staff but they are pretty knowledgeable on the ins and outs of getting reviews posted. (If you page through the forum you'll probably see a similar question.) tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how long before reviews get posted?

Thanks everyone - i did get a reply saying they would let me know when it was posted (no pbotos) i just saw one that someone posted from last weekend and i thought it was odd as i completed my post before their stay was even over and theirs was posted.... I will check ot out further - thx!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,740 posts
1,029 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how long before reviews get posted?

Snowbunny, you can't compare how long your review took to post with another members' . There are lots of factors that make a review go up faster or more slowly - including auto filters that "look" for certain words or phrases.

Be sure to respond to any confirmation email you may get from TA and note that sometimes your spam filter will catch these, so check that also.

This is your first review and sometimes (but not always!) first reviews take longer to be posted. Wait about 10 days and if it still has not been posted, then contact Support through the Help Center.

Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: how long before reviews get posted?

K - will do..... Thx

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
8,459 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how long before reviews get posted?

I wrote a few reviews, and they took several days to show up.

8. Re: how long before reviews get posted?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2013, 10:17