We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch or early dinner

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch or early dinner

Arriving SFO at approx. 2:00 PM.

Looking for good restaurant between SFO and Naples.

Casual is fine.

Thank You

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
54,301 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch or early dinner

Naples, Florida or Napoli in Italy ?

Napa ? LOL

How about Sausalito and Fish on the Pier. Easy parking and you will be out of SF and the GG Bridge if you say leave SFO around 3pm. Fish closes at 4.30 so you should be ok.

Edited: 29 July 2012, 20:28
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch or early dinner

Naples??

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,109 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch or early dinner

Roma. Are you thinking Napa?

On hwy 101, with a car, there's restaurants in Sausalito which would be pleasant just after the Golden Gate Bridge, take the Sausalito exit down to the town, park in their central pay parking lot and check out the main street.

You may just want to have an airport snack, and get yourself to Napa before the commute traffic builds up, which starts at 3 pm or earlier in Marin County, then eat later.

The alternate route to Napa, interstate 80, also has a nasty backup between SF and the Vallejo bridge during the afternoon commute.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch or early dinner

If Napa I'd suggest Buckeye Roadhouse. Easy in/off from the freeway and plenty of parking.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch or early dinner

I think it would be adviseable to get through SF and across the GG Bridge as quickly as possible and not dally at the airport.

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch or early dinner

Make one little spelling error and there all over you.

We are going to Napa Italy or Napa CA.

I'm so confused.

Thank's for the advice.

Going to Napa Ca.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
54,301 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch or early dinner

So I just thought about it and perhaps If I was in your place, I would grab a quick sammy to go at the airport and get going to avoid the traffic as Sal mentioned and not stop until I get to my hotel in Napa and given the amazing variety of food and the different types of restaurants in that part of the world, I would check in, relax with a glass of wine and if I could walk to a great restaurant, i would make an early reservation and have a wonderful meal.

8. Re: Lunch or early dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2013, 10:15