We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alcatraz tickets

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
alcatraz tickets

Any advice for getting Alcatrz night tour tickets prior to leaving UK?

The Alcatrz site says " we are the only official site . dont be fooled by others " etc.... when I try to purchase using any of my plastic cards , it is turned down , and email queries are not answered.

Which is the safest way to proceed as there seems to be different prices on different sites,

Dont want to arrivr and find I have dud tickets any advice welcome

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,460 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: alcatraz tickets

Humm. we've seen they have issues with checkout but I have not heard that they have not replied back. www.alcatrazcruises.com has a phone number that you can call to book tickets online. In this day of internet telephony like skype call it won't cost more than a buck or two to make the call

I presume you were at the site above when you say "the alcatraz site"

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,533 posts
1,683 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: alcatraz tickets

Email or ring the official site and let them know of your problems.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: alcatraz tickets

We've had some reports of snags in the website for international visitors. As long as you were attempting to book with Alcatraz Cruises, you may need to make that phone call. I've heard that they sort things out very well on the phone -- but are less responsive via email.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: alcatraz tickets

Thanks for all that I will ring them

nottingham
Level Contributor
263 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: alcatraz tickets

We booked night tour tickets on the website for our trip in Sept and appears to have gone through ok. Tickets printed off ok. Good luck.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,460 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: alcatraz tickets

Could be a web browser and cookie or a firewall issue for some outside the US.

Just speculating -- At times it make sense to try it from home (not at work) with a updated version of the web browser IE or Firefox or Chrome and with cookies cleared and perhaps accepting cookies for that session.

Edited: 16 August 2012, 16:43
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: alcatraz tickets

Thanks belomiser, I did not understand a word of your computer jargon, so will phone instead

Scotland
Level Contributor
132 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: alcatraz tickets

I booked my Alcatraz trip online on Wednesday evening with no problem whatsoever. Then I booked the hop on hop off tour right afterwards, again no issues.

Maybe a credit card/bank issue causing problems?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
552 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: alcatraz tickets

Likewise, I booked my night tour tickets around four months ago from the UK, using the proper National Park site - no problems. They replied promptly by email to a query I had. We did the tour in mid-July without any ticketing issue - and had a fantastic time.

Be sure to wear enough warm clothing for the night tour. And factor in that there are a couple of optional pieces at the end of the proper tour - we found them really interesting. It means you return to the city on a second boat run, and as a result you get back around 9.30 or 10pm. We ate at 4-5 pm, what was just as well, because there was no decent opportunity on our return.

10. Re: alcatraz tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 01:16