We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chinatown

chicago
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Chinatown

Looking for good chinese restaurant suggestions. Thanks.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,536 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chinatown

What style of Chinese?

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,926 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chinatown

Jai Yun has been rated as a top 10 Chinese restaurant in the US. R&G Lounge is also excellent. There are many good Chinese restaurants outside Chinatown. Are your choices restricted to Chinatown?

chicago
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Chinatown

We enjoy all regions of chinese food, and we will be dining in chinatown, Thank you.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,665 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chinatown

May I suggest you read the top questions on the right. There is one about DimSum and Chinese Food.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
380 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chinatown

Great Eastern on Jackson near Grant and Asia Garden on Broadway (could be on Pacific)

are pretty good especially for dim sum.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
15,483 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chinatown

Bund on the 600 block of Jackson is very good for Shanghai food.

If you want to eat at R&G for dinner, be sure to book in advance (or be prepared to wait).

Level Contributor
217 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chinatown

Yee's 1174 Grant. Tip was given to me years ago by Swing Cha. He was right. Best in town. Chinatown that is.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chinatown

R&G Lounge for seafood, Great Eastern for dim sum lunch or Cantonese dinner at a reasonable price. City View is also good for dim sum, though it's a bit more expensive.

--
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chinatown

I'm a fan of dive restaurants, but find Yee's setup and food handling practices to be just plain gross. The restaurant inspectors with the San Francisco Department of Public Health seem to agree as their June 2012 inspection of the restaurant gave the place a 75 (scores of 71-85 = "Needs Improvement"), which is actually an improvement over their December 2011 score of 65 (scores <=70 = "Poor").

dph-extranet2.sfdph.org:7777/pls/…

Edited: 04 September 2012, 20:13
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chinatown

Kind of agree, Caffiend. That, and the many plates of food just sitting out in the open deterred me from staying for a meal. And usually I don't have a problem in Chinatown!