We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Hadleigh, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
192 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset harbour tour

We will be flying into SFO on Saturday afternoon from the UK. All being well we should be at our hotel in Fishermans Wharf around 16.00. This will be 24.00 UK time. To help us keep awake a few hours we were thinking about doing a sunset harbour cruise. There seem to be quite a few companies offering this. Can anyone recommend a particular company. We would like relaxing trip with maybe some light food and a bar available.

Do any of these offer last minute disounts or can we get coupons anywhere?

Any help appreciated.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
661 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset harbour tour

Sounds like a good idea. I've often seen discounts on Goldstar. In general I've heard the food is nothing special (but the view should be great--good way to see the city while forcing yourself to stay awake!)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,804 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset harbour tour

You are looking for SF Bay Cruises

blueandgoldfleet.com/sightseeing-tours/… has tours but as the previous poster said, one can get discount tickets on Goldstar and the food is nothing to write home about.

You can also do one of these

http://www.hornblower.com/hce/port/category/sf+diningcruises Again the food is not going to be the highlight.

Imho a cruise or a bus ride would put me to sleep given the time difference. I typically walk and walk as the chances of "sleepwalking" are low. I personally would walk around perhaps get to North Beach, find a great Italian restaurant, have a nice meal and walk back but that would be me.

Edited: 05 September 2012, 15:54
Denver, CO
Level Contributor
467 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset harbour tour

You also have the option of the Adventure Cat cruise - catamaran and the trip includes 2 drinks and appetizers. No discounts that I know of, but they have 2 boats so you can more than likely book last minute. They leave from Pier 39 - you can find their website on the Pier 39 website.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset harbour tour

All of these are great suggestions for the OP. However, what about offering him/her some booze cruise options? Surely San Francisco has this as an option right?!

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset harbour tour

After that long flight, trying to stay awake as long as possible, booze might not be a good idea! I think standing up, outside, on one of the cruise boats should do it, however! Should be invigorating; yes, bring those jackets and hats!

Welcome to San Francisco

6. Re: Sunset harbour tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2013, 10:18