We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tonga Room question

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
105 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Tonga Room question

I have looked many places and am having trouble finding a clear cut answer. Hopefully someone here can help me out.

If you go to the Tonga Room for happy hour, are you required to purchase the buffet (plus two drinks), or can you just get drinks at the happy hour prices?

Thanks!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tonga Room question

You have to purchase the buffet which is $10 per person in addition to a 1 drink minimum charge

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
105 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tonga Room question

Thanks!

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
17,682 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tonga Room question

I'd contact the Tonga Room directly to clarify, as I know I've been there at Happy Hour and only purchased drinks. I'd rather pay full price for a drink than pay for their buffet to get a cheaper drink.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
6,142 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tonga Room question

The food there is so mediocre. It's only fun for drinks and atmosphere.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tonga Room question

Or you could skip the Tonga Room entirely and to go Trad'r Sam's on Geary and 26th Ave and get stronger tropical drinks for 1/2 as much.

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
105 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tonga Room question

Yeah I have no interest in going if I have to get the buffet. Thanks for the info and the alternate suggestion.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,147 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tonga Room question

I wouldn't skip the Tonga Room. It is a classic in SF and Trad'r Sam's is way out on Geary in the Outer Richmond near Golden Gate Park.

8. Re: Tonga Room question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2013, 10:17