We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental nearby Hotel Mayflower

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
car rental nearby Hotel Mayflower

My husband , daughter and I will be in San Francisco for 6 days and would like to rent a car to go to Muir Woods for the day. My daughter often gets motion sickness so this seems our best option.

We are staying at the Hotel Mayflower at 975 Bush st. Is there a nearby reliable car rental agency?

My daughter is so excited about this trip and has health concerns that I need to keep an eye on so I'm thinking this is the best way to travel outside the city.

Thanks helicopter mom

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Hotel Mayflower
Hotel Mayflower
1,175 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
56,032 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental nearby Hotel Mayflower

Check for Union square rental car locations. All the major companies have them there. hertz Avis Budget. Enterprise Alamo.

Do you think a car would be easier to go on winding roads than a mini bus such as Dylan's which has tours of the city and Muir. Or is that too much time in a bus ?

Muir woods is a 2 or at most 3 hour trip so you may want to add some more things for the day. Perhaps lunch in Sausalito and just walking around there plus going to Marin Headlands which also has a winding road but not as much as Muir Woods

If the issue is primarily winding roads then perhaps a relatively straight drive along 1 to Santa Cruz may be better. If the issue is just being in the car for long then I understand

Edited: 18 September 2012, 19:04
Mentioned in this post
Union Square
Union Square
1,842 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
Dylan's Tours
Dylan's Tours
2,454 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
Sausalito
Sausalito
Marin County, CA
Marin Headlands
Marin Headlands
1,818 Reviews
Marin County, CA
Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz
California
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental nearby Hotel Mayflower

Most of the major car rental companies have offices in the Union Square area - the two that are closest to your location (within 2 blocks) would be National at 750 Bush or Avis at 675 Post.

Mentioned in this post
Union Square
Union Square
1,842 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental nearby Hotel Mayflower

thank you so much for the information concerning car rentals and a visit to Muir woods. It will help with our itinerary.

4. Re: car rental nearby Hotel Mayflower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2013, 10:17