We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ticket advice needed please

Adelaide
Level Contributor
222 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
ticket advice needed please

Hi guys,

Will be spending two weeks in San Francisco and would like to go to the following: womens volleyball Cal v Stanford at Cal 11/23 (8pm)

and womens basketball Stanford v Long Beach State 11/25 (2pm)

What is the best way to get tickets for these games, is it possible to just turn up on the day and buy a ticket?, or is advanced purchase required?. I only arrive in San Francisco (and the US) on the morning of the 11/23.

Many thanks

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,519 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ticket advice needed please

This might be a popular game being it's Cal and Stanford but I'm going to bet that you should be able to show up and get a ticket. If you want to play it safe you can purchase tickets in advance on the Cal Bear's website

…evenue.net/cgi-bin/…

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,859 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ticket advice needed please

while Cal and Stanford usually have the better women's volleyball teams in the US, those games don't sell out. I don't think you'll have problem waiting till you get here to buy tickets.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
222 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ticket advice needed please

Hello again,

Thanks for your replies, I've been meaning to get back to this thread for some time.

Some further questions; with attending both of these games do I just find out where they are played and turn up before the start and buy a ticket?, also how early can I get there- when do the doors open?

Thanks, I really have no idea

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ticket advice needed please

The Cal vs. Stanford game starts at 8:00 pm.

gostanford.com/sports/w-volley/sched/stan-w-…

or

calbears.com/sports/…cal-w-volley-sched.html

It will be played at Haas Pavilion on the UC Berkeley campus.

Haas Pavilion

115 Haas Pavilion

Berkeley, CA

800-GO-BEARS for more information.

The CSULB (Long Beach State) vs. Stanford game starts at 2:00 pm and will be played at Maples Pavilion on the Stanford campus.

gostanford.com/facilities/stan-maples.html

gostanford.com/sports/w-baskbl/sched/stan-w-…

gostanford.com/sports/w-baskbl/sched/stan-w-…

Adelaide
Level Contributor
222 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ticket advice needed please

Thank you for that information Wellvis, it is very useful

6. Re: ticket advice needed please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 16:18