We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heat Wave!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,486 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Heat Wave!

We've been having a heat wave here in San Francisco the past few days where temps yesterday and today were in the low 90's. If you like heat, enjoy it for another day because on Wednesday it's supposed to drop back into the 60's

sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Cooler-weather-on…

Turku, Finland
Level Contributor
672 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heat Wave!

It's been almost unbearably hot these past two days. Our sightseeing is suffering. I truly hope things cool down by tomorrow... :).

Turku, Finland
Level Contributor
672 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heat Wave!

It's been almost unbearably hot these past two days. Our sightseeing is suffering. I truly hope things cool down by tomorrow... :).

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
16,171 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heat Wave!

I can't imagine trying to sightsee in this weather... I had to walk around at Union Square today and felt like I was frying in the direct sun, and melting in the shade. Can't wait for fog!!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
580 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heat Wave!

No Fog!! We get enough!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
766 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heat Wave!

I've enjoyed sleeping with the windows open. A/C at work. Should get cooler tomorrow - back to "the coldest winter... is the summer in SF" :)

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heat Wave!

The hottest summer I ever spent was an October in San Francisco. Always happens, maybe always will. I remember sweltering in late October when the big Loma Prieta earthquake news was running all the time on TV.

At least we know we'll get relief tomorrow. Come on fog!!

If you still want more hot weather, head inland about 10 miles or more.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heat Wave!

Left SF about noon, cooler than the past couple of days but still in the 70s. Lunch in Mill Valley then a couple of hours in San Rafael. Could barely see 10 feet in front of myself coming back on the GG Bridge. Probably 55 now. Ahhhhh, I love SF.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
51,972 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heat Wave!

For some strange reason I feel that Oakland Coliseum is today the hottest place in the Bay Area. Humm I wonder why that is the case. Any idea ?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,486 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heat Wave!

Back to being cold and overcast here in San Francisco's Ingleside district.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,507 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Heat Wave!

You guys are such wimps. It was 100 here in the East Bay yesterday and I was comfortable, just slightly hotter than normal. It cools down so quickly in the evenings this is not a big problem. And it's only a couple of days. What's the big deal? I used to live in Sacto and we'd have week long 100+ temps.