We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

H.I. Express Fisherman's Wharf or Parc 55?

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
413 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
H.I. Express Fisherman's Wharf or Parc 55?

I've narrowed it to 2 hotels: H.I. Express Fishermans' Wharf and Parc 55. We're planning on flying in Fri. night and flying out Mon. morning for the Raiders game, but need some help on which hotel to choose. Most people on the posts I've read suggest avoiding the Wharf area as it is too touristy.

We thought it would be neat to be able to see Alcatraz, the Golden Gate bridge, the sea lions on the pier, etc. What are the attractions near Parc 55? We've never been to San Fran. so we would like to see at least some site, even if it's from afar.

If we stayed at the H.I. Express, we'd have to take the cable car to the Powell St. BART, then take the BART to the Oakland Coliseum. Is the cable car difficult to figure out? How do we know where to get off? Does it run at night, after the game?

Thanks!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,437 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: H.I. Express Fisherman's Wharf or Parc 55?

Given a choice I'd stay at the Parc 55 over any HI Express in a heartbeat. Everything you want to see is easily accessible by public transportation from Parc 55 and getting to the Raiders game will be a snap since the BART station is right across the street form the hotel.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,358 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: H.I. Express Fisherman's Wharf or Parc 55?

Ummm, is this one of those trick questions??

Parc 55.

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: H.I. Express Fisherman's Wharf or Parc 55?

Parc 55. It is close to many good restaurants, shopping, transit, and just overall a lot more exciting and not touristy area. Well, ok, there are plenty pf tourists there, but it also teems with locals.

4. Re: H.I. Express Fisherman's Wharf or Parc 55?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 21:18