We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days

Canada
Level Contributor
122 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
How many days

Hello,

We are planning to is it SF for seven 7 nights is that a lot?

Thank you

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,972 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days

Well I've been in the Bay Area for 7 years, so 7 nights seems pretty easy to do. :)

Do you have any day or side trips planned? Also, what time of year are you coming?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
60,972 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days

Riff M over on the San Diego forum proposed that 3 full days is usually enough to get the basic experience of a city or destination. Of course more time is better, but I think that's a pretty fair estimate.

The Trip Reports linked to the top of the forum threads have some ideas that may appeal to you.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,061 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days

I think you should read about what SF and the Bay Area has to offer and read the top questions on what to do as well as read trip reports on the first post of the SF forum and decide what you want to see and do and that will help you determine the number of days in SF. Not knowing anything about you it is hard to answer.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,110 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many days

We've visited SF many times over the past 40-plus years and we always seem to fill the time easily. Our latest trip was last summer (2011) -- 10 days to celebrate our 40th anniversary and we still hated to leave on our last day. In a city with 6,000 restaurants -- probably 2,000 of them above average -- it's easy to find a good place to spend bit of time over lunch or dinner.

Edited: 25 October 2012, 01:28
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,567 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many days

I think 3 to 5 days is a good sweet spot for San Francisco, since it's enough time to get the flavor and go to a few different neighborhoods. It really depends on your plans.

Under 3 days seems a bit hurried to me.

Many people spend 3 to 5 days and include some extra days as day or overnight trips to places such as Monterey, Santa Cruz or wine country. 7 days can be filled in San Francisco, but with side trips is quite easy to fill.

Let us know what things you enjoy or are planning and we may be able to give you more targeted advice.

6. Re: How many days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 01:58
7. Re: How many days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2013, 10:17