We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to watch World Series near AT&T park?

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Where to watch World Series near AT&T park?

I'm going to be in San Francisco next Wednesday and Thursday. My girlfriend and I thought it would be fun to watch the World Series in a bar nearby AT&T park so we could participate in the celebrations if the Giants win.

Are there any nearby sports bars where two gals can watch the game and maybe get something to eat?

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,910 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to watch World Series near AT&T park?

Every bar and restaurant is going to be packed, so go early! Public House, Momo's, Pedro's all have food and plenty of tv's.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,982 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to watch World Series near AT&T park?

Next Wed is Halloween and if there is a game 7, expect the entire city to go crazy. Bring your costumes!

sf
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to watch World Series near AT&T park?

Zekes on 3rd and Bryant might be a good place, close enough to the Park, but still a good walk so it probably won't be too crowded

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to watch World Series near AT&T park?

You have to get to Zeke's early, also. On Sunday and Monday, you couldn't get in the place before the game...

Another option is the "knothole". AT&T is the only stadium that has an option to watch a portion of the game for free. There are three archways in right field that face out onto McCovey Cove where you can stand outside and watch the game through a gate. There is security there and they only allow you watch for three innings, to allow others to watch. Right now, though, you probably have to get out there about midnight to get ahead of the crowd :-) Not sure how they control the whole scene out there, I've never tried...

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
15,186 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to watch World Series near AT&T park?

** "Bring your costumes!" **

Orange and Black! :) :) :)

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,910 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to watch World Series near AT&T park?

" Not sure how they control the whole scene out there, I've never tried..."

I did this two years ago during the world series games-- there will be a line a mile long, they usher people in in groups, then push you you out after two or three innings. Not recommended unless you like standing in line for hours. :)

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
15,186 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to watch World Series near AT&T park?

I suspect that you could go to any sports bar or restaurant that has TVs, anywhere in the City, and be able to share the occasion with fans. I have no expertise about sports bars, but there must be locals here who can suggest a good neighborhood place.

Or if you are staying at a hotel that has a lobby or bar with TVs, it will draw fans, and the managers probably won't be as quick to put you out to make space for new patrons.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,512 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to watch World Series near AT&T park?

Places right around the park are going to be packed before the game - some might empty out somewhat while the game is happening. Zeeks is a good choice but I'd consider a few alternatives further away from the stadium

lwj
Norcal
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to watch World Series near AT&T park?

We are Champions.

Baseball season is over!!!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,857 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to watch World Series near AT&T park?

So, the OP's question is resolved. That's cool as sometimes it takes a long time to answer a question on the various forums.

Wow --- that was a zinger! What a great bunch of guys on our team.

Aren't we lucky fans!!! Yes, we are!

OK --- 5 more months (not counting Spring Training) and we start all over again. haha. ;=))