We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connection in San Francisco to Las Vegas

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northeastern...
Level Contributor
66 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Connection in San Francisco to Las Vegas

Hi All,

I will be flying in to San Francisco from Toronto, Ontario mid-March. We are arriving San Francisco via United Airlines (it looks like Terminal 1) at 11:06am and our connection is with United Airlines (it looks like Terminal 3) at 12:40pm.

I called United Airlines to check to make sure this was do-able and the lady on the phone was very reassuring. She did not mention that we had to change terminals! I found this information out myself... so it very well could be incorrect.

Please advise if you would feel comfortable with this connection time and if you think we can make it without feeling like we're on the Amazing Race!

Thanks!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,164 posts
394 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connection in San Francisco to Las Vegas

It won't be a problem at all.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connection in San Francisco to Las Vegas

Are you sure it is a united flight and not an Air Canada flight with united code share? If so it will arrive into the International

Terminal and since you don't have immigration to go thru you can take the AirTrain to Terminal 3 You should be ok

Northeastern...
Level Contributor
66 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connection in San Francisco to Las Vegas

I should have done my research before posting my question.

Yes, we are arriving via Air Canada.

Thank you for your answers! I was getting a little nervous that we wouldn't have enough time.

I'm hoping everyone at the airport is very friendly and helpful as we'll need directions!

Thanks again! Very much appreciated!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Connection in San Francisco to Las Vegas

AC uses the "A" side of the International Terminal. This not only puts you farther away from T3 but will also (I think) require you to go back through security. (From the "G" side there is a walkway that connects the T3 without exiting security.)

You can take the AirTrain to change terminals.

www.flysfo.com/web/page/as_airportmaps.htm

Northeastern...
Level Contributor
66 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Connection in San Francisco to Las Vegas

Just as a followup, RamblinSal, you're correct. We will have to go through customs and security. So I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that our flight from Toronto arrives on time and we're able to make our connection.

Thanks again for all the responses.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Connection in San Francisco to Las Vegas

No no no. You will arrive on an Air Canada flight and if your bags are checked through you don't need to worry about bags. But AC flights arrive at the International terminal A as Sal told you You get off the plane, and take the AirTrain to Terminal 3. And then you go through security. You would have completed customs and Immigration in Canada before you board the AC flight.

Www.flysfo.com has maps to show you the terminals. It is not that hard many many people do the layovers. Please relax and have a great time

Edited: 05 March 2013, 19:37
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Connection in San Francisco to Las Vegas

belo is correct. US immigragation and customs for flights from Canada to the US is accomplished in Canada before flight departure.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Connection in San Francisco to Las Vegas

LOL. JannyLyn. I just wrote the same question about my transfer time with Amazing Race analogy on the Dallas airport forum. What a coincidence! you'll be fine. airport is not really that big. we're having runway closures for repairs this year and none of the dates are in march.

Northeastern...
Level Contributor
66 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Connection in San Francisco to Las Vegas

Wow, you guys are the best! Seriously, I was freaking out! So thank you so much for clarifying all of this for me.

Best of luck Rachel on your flights!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Connection in San Francisco to Las Vegas

thanks! LOL. you're very welcome. next time stay awhile :)