We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to visit in and around SF

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jaipur
Level Contributor
734 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Things to visit in and around SF

hi all,

i am in bay area for few days and wanted to see few things .. can you please suggest what are interesting (read touristy :) ) things that i can have a look at ?

also do you think there is a possiblity of going to some place nearby for a 2 day weekend i hav .. (who knws i may never get back to this area :) )

i do not have a car so i would be looking to reach to places which are reachable by public transport .. thanks.

-puneet

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,232 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to visit in and around SF

On the right hand side of this page you'll see an item on "What to do in SF?" That should answer some of your questions. Without a car it's difficult to go outside SF for a 2 day weekend. One possibility is Napa. You may be able to find a tour from SF to Napa.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,426 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to visit in and around SF

You can visit SF using Caltrain from Sunnyvale www.caltrain.com and if you read the trip reports on the first post of this Forum, you will get plenty of ideas of what to do and what to see.

here is a list from a TA member BradJill

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i32104-San_Fran…

We are addicted to cars here in CA outside of San Francisco so if you were to go to say Monterey or Carmel, you will still need a car to see the area. You could look for a weekend trip to Santa Cruz on Monterey There are buses there from San Jose.

Jaipur
Level Contributor
734 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to visit in and around SF

great thanks i will take a look at information you guys provided .. very useful .. thanks!

4. Re: Things to visit in and around SF

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 00:17