We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capurros Groupon

N Idaho
Level Contributor
132 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Capurros Groupon

In a Nutshell for $35 Crab dinner for 2:

"Soup, salad, or helpings of pasta accompany two entire woodstone-roasted Dungeness crabs with housemade dessert to finish "

Is it worth it?? Reviews are quite mixed Thanks

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,712 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Capurros Groupon

We just saw that. Couple of negatives: restaurants offering coupons are usually not the most popular ones, otherwise they would not need to entice you with a coupon. And restaurants in Fisherman's Wharf usually cater to tourists.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
49,998 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Capurros Groupon

Not that I know all eating places in the city, I have never heard of it and perhaps reading reviews on www.yelp.com would help. Agree with the above, about FW restaurants

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
5,770 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Capurros Groupon

Interesting. It's Fisherman's Wharf, so I'd go with "no" as well. But their logo says it's been around since 1946. But, if you are set on something at the wharf, I'd rather pay $35 for two mediocre dinners than pay more.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Capurros Groupon

Capurros is family owned and operated. The Capurros are an Italian American family that goes back several generations in San Francisco. Very strongly rooted in San Francisco's Italian American heritage and a really nice family. That said, I haven't eaten there recently, but have always enjoyed my meals in the past. $35 for two fresh crabs - I'd say it's worth a try.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,817 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Capurros Groupon

Normally I would say no, but my roommate happened to have drinks/dinner there recently (we live within walking distance but rarely ever eat out in FW), and she actually enjoyed it. $35 for two dungeness crabs is a pretty good deal and yelp reviews are mostly positive.

N Idaho
Level Contributor
132 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Capurros Groupon

Ok I bought one! Afterall I am a tourist! As long as the crab is fresh I am sure it will be worth it Will report back when trip done. Thx

7. Re: Capurros Groupon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 08:15