We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
OTTAWA
Level Contributor
583 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Hey everyone

I'll be in sanfran from dec 14 to 16...

How cold is it?

I'm from Canada so I'm used to the cold I just want to know what kinda jacket to bring... Someone told me it feels colder than what the temperature actually is?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

Really? A weather question for a week from now? Even the professional weather reports only go out 5-7days so I'll have to polish up the crystal ball. Let's see, it will be warmer than where you're from but not as warm as Hawaii. And no matter how cold it "feels" here it won't be anything like Ottawa.

I've been wearing a wool coat but not my "east coast" winter coat.

I'd suggest you check local weather outlets closer to your arrival date. www.sfgate.com or www.sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

We can't predict exactly. It will probably be highs in the 40s to 60s. Rain is possible. It may feel a little colder than the temperature if it's windy, foggy or raining, but only by a few degrees mostly. If you're outside for long periods when it's windy on the waterfront or on the water that may be when you feel any difference between temperature and how cold you feel the most.

Probably a light to medium coat is sufficient for warmth. Rain is possible. You may even be ok with a sweater and a jacket instead of a coat.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,513 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

SF is a lot different than Ottawa....as in, it is NOT 30 below for 6 months out of the year!

Accuweather is pretty easy...

accuweather.com/en/…347629

OTTAWA
Level Contributor
583 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

I wasn't asking for predictions I just wanted some advice as I was told it gets really cool and windy even though the temperature isn't very low because being near water.

Thanks for the advice all!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,465 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

According to the Weather Underground's long range forecast:

12/14 - Partly cloudy 57 | 46 °F

12/15 - Overcast 59 | 52 °F

12/16 - Chance of Rain 57 | 50 °F

6. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 01:16