We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need hotel help for early June 2013

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
near Washington DC
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Topic
Need hotel help for early June 2013

I think I'm suffering from information overload! So I'm turning to my TA friends for help. :-) I'm trying to understand the best neighborhood to find a hotel for our May 30-June 2 stay in SF (before our trip to Yosemite). We're 53 (myself), 52 (DW) and 19 (DD). It is my first trip to SF (or even CA). Looking for a safe location near transportation options (we won't have a car in SF) to touristy sights. Need something about/under $250/night that would accommodate a third bed (or sleep sofa). The only hotel amenity that is semi-important is a mini-refrigerator. The Suites at Fisherman's Wharf looks good but shows booked. I need alternatives.

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need hotel help for early June 2013

The Donatello very large room.

Small mini kitchen with fridge.

Request room facing Post st less noise.

Excellent service see reviews.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,519 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need hotel help for early June 2013

Here is some information about hotels that can sleep 5 people; some have that 3rd bed you're requesting. tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60713-c187982

The neighborhoods are described in the Top Questions in the upper right.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need hotel help for early June 2013

I agree with Midon on the suggestion of the Donatello.

Handlery has "club rooms" which are a bit larger as well.

For your travel group I would recommend the Union Square area over Fisherman's Wharf.

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,265 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need hotel help for early June 2013

I agree with the Donatello it has everything you need sofabed and wet bar with fridge and microwave.

We will be in SF at the end of june for a few days on our way back from Maui it's our third visit we love SF! I have the Donatello reserved with a AAA rate of $178 a night.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,708 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need hotel help for early June 2013

Agree oh the Donatello. We stay there frequently. NIce large rooms, recently redecorated, wet bar, fridge microwave, coffee maker, sofa sleeper. Top floor lounge with free newspapers, coffee, two terraces, and a small fitness center. One block from Union Square.

6. Re: Need hotel help for early June 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2013, 10:15