We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British ladies seeking help!

British ladies seeking help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 07:12
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
374 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: British ladies seeking help!

Well, I can't speak for Nashville, only San Francisco, which has pretty much most of what you require. Sunbathing not as great as Southern Cal, though :) but we have our hot days. Peruse the threads and get some more ideas.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: British ladies seeking help!

I do not think SF is known for sunbathing. What time of year would you be making this trip? In the summer SF can be quite cold and foggy. SF has all the rest of what is on your list though.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,698 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: British ladies seeking help!

I've been to both cities, both nice, but SF has more bang for the buck by far! So much to see, great restaurants and nightlife. You won't need a car, good public transportation city, or take a taxi.

Southern CA is where you would most likely find sunshine for sunbathing. Maybe fly into SF and fly out of LA. Palm Springs has sunbathing weather.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,580 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: British ladies seeking help!

I agree with caNative that you could fly in to San Francisco, stay for 3 or 4 days and go elsewhere for warmer weather after if you need some heat. During many times of year, other locations that are not on the coast will have warmer weather. This might include wine country, or parts of southern California. If going south, you could drive or fly. Driving lets you see some of the beautiful California coast, or if you want to get directly to a somewhat warmer clime, perhaps you could fly to someplace such as San Diego for a few days.

All this really depends on time of year. When is your target time of year for visiting?

If you require sunbathing, San Francisco may not be the place though perhaps in September or early October it may get almost warm enough during some days. Those are also the months when everyone in the world seems to visit and hotel rates are the most sky high.

San Francisco has some fog in the mornings and evenings during the summer, but very rarely has rain, unlike England. Days are often sunny but cool, especially along the water. Perhaps people sunbathe in Dolores park on occasion since the Mission is one of the warmer and more protected (from wind and fog) microclimates in the city.

The other things such as nightlife should be available any time of year.

Let us know more details, especially time of year and we can help more.

Level Contributor
36,329 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: British ladies seeking help!

Haven't been to Nashville but have been to San Francisco many times. It is a fantastic area to spend time in with lots to see and do! Have fun! :)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,813 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: British ladies seeking help!

Why these two cities. What made you think either city would be good for sun bathing ? Are you into country music and want to spend time in opreyland Think you need to do a bit more research and find your dreamspot or more details to help us help you will be nice

united kingdom
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: British ladies seeking help!

nightlife and Sunbathing have you thought about Key West ...loads to do and see ..

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: British ladies seeking help!

I've been to both and between them, I suspect that SF has more of what you're looking for except perhaps the sun/beach weather. For that maybe you should be looking at somewhere like Miami, Los Angeles or San Diego depending on the time of year. Palm Springs is drive-able from both LA and San Diego and if sun and heat and relaxation is what you're looking for its got plenty.

Greenville, North...
Level Contributor
76 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: British ladies seeking help!

I will be visiting S.F. for the first time in February so I can't talk about it BUT I have been to Nashville. Nashville is not a place for sunbathing but it a fun city(music city USA). You definitely would need to rent a car to get around, as there is so much to see outside of the downtown area. Eventhough I think Nashville is a great city I don't think that's what you are looking for. I think you would enjoy southern california. I have been to San Diego and I loved it!

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
9,477 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: British ladies seeking help!

My daughter lives in Nashville. It's a great place to visit, but you might run out of things to do after a few days. When I was there in May, it was over 100F/37C, so lots of time was spent sitting around the hotel pool. And as others have said, you do need a car in Nashville, although they're pretty cheap to rent

There's plenty to keep you occupied in and around SF for a week, although you'd probably have to give up the sunbathing.