We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing near SF? Drive/bus

South Florida...
3 posts
Save Topic
Skiing near SF? Drive/bus

I'm heading to San Fran in late Jan/ early Feb and will have a weekend to ski-YAY! Want to go close to San Fran and potenitally have transportation to and from b/c not much experience with driving in snow. I will prob stay one or two nights at my location. What's the location and transportation company you'd recommend to a 30 something who is outdoorsy and traveling solo. I am a pretty decent skiier and would like a little night life too.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,761 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiing near SF? Drive/bus

Great time to come and Ski now and hopefully by the end of the month as well

http://www.bayareaskibus.com/

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,914 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skiing near SF? Drive/bus

I was just going to suggest the BA ski bus as well. I go up a few times a year with them and it's always a fun experience. They're the best, but if somehow schedules don't match up, there are a couple of other companies out there that do the same thing.

South Florida...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Skiing near SF? Drive/bus

Fun!! Do you have overnight trips? Which one do you recommend. Fairly athletic and semi skilled skiier, never snowboarded but would love to learn! In my late 30s and love a good bon and beer post ski day. Where sould I go?!

South Florida...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Skiing near SF? Drive/bus

Fun!! Do you have overnight trips? Which one do you recommend. Fairly athletic and semi skilled skiier, never snowboarded but would love to learn! In my late 30s and love a good bon and beer post ski day. Where sould I go?!

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,914 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skiing near SF? Drive/bus

They do have overnight cabin stays, but most of the trips are daytrips-- the buses depart SF at 5AM and arrive back around 9pm.

Take a look at the schedule and see what works for you...but once you click on the trip you want, there are options for beginner packages that include bus/lift ticket/rentals/lessons. In my experience, North Star and Alpine Meadows are great for lessons.

bayareaskibus.com/index.cfm/schedule_flyer.h…

Edited: 12 January 2013, 05:58
California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Skiing near SF? Drive/bus

You can arrange a one way or round trip trip with this company meaning you can stay wherever you like as long as you like:

https://www.nacski.com/mr/booking.aspx…

7. Re: Skiing near SF? Drive/bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 06:18