We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long from Marriot Marquis to SFO

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Utah
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
How long from Marriot Marquis to SFO

I will be getting out of a conference on a Friday at 4:30pm and then want to take a flight that departs at 6:30pm. I will be driving and have a rental car that I have to return. Google Maps says drive time is 18 minutes but am I going to hit major traffic? How long will the drive take me? Should I leave the conference early?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,112 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long from Marriot Marquis to SFO

Ooh Yes google maps says 18 minutes but have you turned the traffic option on and looked at traffic on a Friday at 4.30. The issue is getting out of the city and that may take longer than 18. It may be faster to hit 280 and take that down to 380 and back to the rental car return and you should be able to do it in 30

Pray why do you have a car in SF ? Is it to pay the Marquis the 35 or whatever they charge for overnight. BART to and from that hotel is the way to go.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,832 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long from Marriot Marquis to SFO

Having a rental car can be a bit of a headache. The Marriott Marquis is very close to Powell Station, and the BART ride to SFO is reliable and takes about 30 minutes.

Traffic is variable, especially during rush hour, so you will need to be prepared to use the street alternative to Highway 101 if congestion is bad. It could take upwards of 45 minutes to drive to SFO and drop off your car. This is fine, but I would be hesitant to do it if you can't guarantee access to your car right at 4:30 PM.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,782 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long from Marriot Marquis to SFO

How odd that self park seems more than valet ($65 vs. $60). Am I reading this right?

Parking

On-site parking, fee: 20 USD hourly, 65 USD daily

Valet parking, fee: 60 USD daily

Off-site parking, fee: 3.5 USD hourly, 32 USD daily

$69.54/night for over-sized vehicles. In/out priv included. Use 780 Mission St to map directions.

San Francisco Bay
Level Contributor
3,086 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long from Marriot Marquis to SFO

If you HAVE to have a car, definitely leave the conference by 3 pm.

If you didn't have a car, and you had your suitcase with you at 4:30, you'd roll over to Market St, catch the BART train there (Powell St station) to SFO, catch the free Air tram to the domestic terminal and be there by 5:30 easily. Is that enough time to check in for you?

see

www.bart.gov

if you have any more questions about tripping on BART.

5. Re: How long from Marriot Marquis to SFO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2014, 05:17