We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aaarg, the NFL has screwed up my plans!

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,066 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Aaarg, the NFL has screwed up my plans!

It seems the NFL does not allow large jumbotron in the park type viewing parties....those partypoopers.... So, now I have to find some other viewing option.

We will probably be staying in the Embarcadero area what do people suggest where I can watch the game with a bunch of rabid...not too drunk...Niners fans?

Or is there a jumbotron in the park type viewing party somewhere that I am not aware of?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,665 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aaarg, the NFL has screwed up my plans!

The NFL has banned the Jumbotrons I am afraid If you don't want too much of a drunk crowd perhaps the Hyatt lobby would be better and while I can't speak to how crowded it will be, it will be a more family oriented place

If you want bars any bar on the Embarcadero toward AT&T park would be ok but again don't know how crowded it will be. We have not been to the Big game for 18 years sigh

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
15,483 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aaarg, the NFL has screwed up my plans!

Is everyone over 21? Pretty much any bar will work (except for that overly-drunk part... no guarantees). But I'd say the Financial District/Embarcadero area will be less packed than bars in residential neighborhoods.

There is a big viewing party at the Sheraton Palace, and I suspect the high price tag will keep things somewhat more decorous.

Here's some sources for other events: …sfstation.com/2013/…

…funcheap.com/city-guide/… (some not in SF)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,434 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aaarg, the NFL has screwed up my plans!

Does that mean you are staying in a hotel in the Embarcadero? Does the hotel have a TV and viewing area?

We're staying in a SF hotel that night also, not wanting to be in huge crowds (we figure 50 - 75 people screaming and yelling is about fine) but what kind of crowd are you looking for? Big outdoor things? We like the smaller venues.

Also, wasn't it the City that decided not to put it on a jumbotron in Civic Center (?) or have I been listening to too much local radio and the wrong times. I thought it was the mayor that said no but I've been out of town and might have missed something.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aaarg, the NFL has screwed up my plans!

i thought i heard that the NFL doesn't allow it. broadcast rights?

5. Re: Aaarg, the NFL has screwed up my plans!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 06:18