We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for a Saturday only

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bainbridge Island
Level Contributor
65 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for a Saturday only

Greetings,

Getting frustrated looking for a hotel that will take a 1 night stay on a Saturday in March. Want the downtown San Francisco experience but can only stay one night. Any suggestions are appreciated.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,432 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for a Saturday only

Sorry what is the issue. What would you like us to do? I can see a great suite at the JW Marriott and the Campton Place. Would the Grand Hyatt work or perhaps the Four Seasons executive suite ?

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for a Saturday only

Hotels.com

March 2 - 1 night

Parc 55 - $149

Hotel Nikko - $161

The Fairmont - $199

March 9 - 1 night - Holy makeral EXPENSIVE

March 16 & 23 - 1 night back to rates of March 2

March 30 - Cheaper than March 2.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,836 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for a Saturday only

Give us your date and your price point and we can check for you. But, do you want a modern, full service hotel, or a more traditional one, or an historical boutique?

Are you trying to book through a third party booking agency (hotels.com, etc.) ? I have better luck with the hotels' own websites.

Also, be aware that hotels may be booked because of conventions in the city. I have three one-night reservations for the city in March and May, but made several months ago.

Edited: 04 February 2013, 05:06
Oakland, California
Level Contributor
723 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for a Saturday only

This post makes no sense at all. San Francisco hotels do not impose minimum stays. You will frequently see two night weekend minimums in the wine country, particularly during the summer, but never in the city.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,436 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for a Saturday only

For a weekend stay you might want look at hotels in the Embarcadero area.

Since they tend to cater to business travelers, it's often possible to get a bargain on weekend nights. Now do be aware that the area tends to empty out on the weekend and there will be both fewer things (in general & actually open) "right out the door) on the weekend compared to other areas (such as Union Square). I personally don't consider this a major issue as the Embarcadero does has good transit connections and can get you anywhere in the city pretty quickly. Also, somewhat depending on your abilities and what you want to do, you may find a good deal of things walkable too.

Lastly, I have *occasionally* heard of minimum stays for SF hotels, but I wouldn't say it's at all common or widespread. The times I've heard about it is when there is a major event going on (typically something tempts locals to consider booking a hotel room, such as the Bay to Breakers).

That's my $.02,

hlo

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,836 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for a Saturday only

acek,

Some hotels in the city DO impose minimum stays at times. I have run into that problem this year, at one hotel where we stay regularly. It seems to happen, as I said, when the conventions are in town and beds are scarce.

7. Re: Hotel for a Saturday only

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 06:18