We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Giants Game In May

Scotland
Level Contributor
132 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Giants Game In May

We are making a trip to San Fran in May (after having to cancel last year) and see the Giants are playing a couple of games during our stay.

2 questions, how long does an average Baseball game last and where is the best place to sit in the stadium?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Giants Game In May

Baseball games are not played to a clock. They're played for 9 innings (6 "outs" per inning) and if the score is tied at the end of 9 the games goes to extra innings.

That said, games average 3 hours. Sometimes less, sometimes more.

Here is a wonderfrul quote about baseball from the book "Summerland" by Michael Chabon (Pulitzer Prize winner and general national treasure):

"A baseball game is nothing but a great slow contraption for getting you to pay attention to the cadence of a summer day."

There are very few "bad" seats at AT&T Park. The Giants site has views from each section. The only ones I'd stay away from are bleachers, 232-234 and 332-336. Obviously, you'll pay more to be closer to the field or in Club Seats. If you're looking for the experience more than anything else, View Reserve is a good option. Great views of the bay from the stadium.

Be sure to get there early to take in batting practice, the fan zone and soak up the atmosphere.

SF -- better late than never! Have fun.

Scotland
Level Contributor
132 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Giants Game In May

Thanks very much, very helpful. I was looking at the View Reserve seats so will go for that,

Only 13 weeks to our trip :)

Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Giants Game In May

Take a coat. It can get windy up there on top.

sf
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Giants Game In May

Hopefully you're here week of May 20th, not the previous as they are away. View reserve are a good value, with great views but can be windy and cold depending on the day. Best seats for me are Club Level, but cost more.

As to how long a games lasts- my Foreign born wife says "forever"

Edited: 25 February 2013, 20:32
San Mateo...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Giants Game In May

If you are going to sit on the top level (300's), I would pay a few extra dollars per seat to sit in View Box. View Box are the 3 to 4 rows that are situated in the very front of the View Reserve sections. Instead of being numbered, the Rows are distinguished by letters (A, B, C, etc.). For sections 302 to 310 avoid seats in Row D, as they sometimes can be situated near the open walkways that can act like virtual wind tunnels.

Finally, I would definitely look for tickets on Stubhub as you can usually find better deals than tickets they offer directly on the Giants own website.

6. Re: Giants Game In May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 05:16