We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help, I need a hotel with a balcony and view in SF Bay Area

Dublin, California
8 posts
Save Topic
Help, I need a hotel with a balcony and view in SF Bay Area

Hi,

For proposal purposes, I'm looking for a hotel in the SF Bay Area that has rooms with a balcony of sorts that includes a nice view.

At the moment I have the following two properties below in mind but they are rather expensive.

- Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay

- Cavallo Point in Sausilito

Hoping to get some more suggestions or thoughts please!

sf
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help, I need a hotel with a balcony and view in SF Bay Area

I think you can add the Hyatt Regency, which is across from the Ferry Building.

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
16,164 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help, I need a hotel with a balcony and view in SF Bay Area

If you're looking for a lovely setting, I don't think you could go wrong with either the Ritz Carlton HMB or Cavallo Point.

Dublin, California
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help, I need a hotel with a balcony and view in SF Bay Area

anyone know of any cheaper alternatives?

Dublin, California
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help, I need a hotel with a balcony and view in SF Bay Area

thanks, the hyatt regency prices are much better. gotta make sure the views are good though.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,358 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help, I need a hotel with a balcony and view in SF Bay Area

The view will be of the Bay, but be sure to ask fora room with the balcony and the view and make sure they "get it".

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help, I need a hotel with a balcony and view in SF Bay Area

when do you plan to propose. in summer it's foggy and cold. wet. windy. you wouldn't want to go on the balcony and you may not see anything b/c the fog obscures the view.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
27,604 posts
5,811 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help, I need a hotel with a balcony and view in SF Bay Area

We stayed at Tomales bay inn at a waterfront room - 2 rooms, one a bedroom, one was a large living room type room that faced the bay....

www.tomalesbayresort.com/room_drake.htm

There are some other rooms that also overlook the water....

Note: No - it definitely is not as nice as Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton but did want to give you another possibility.

But with a fireplace and view of the water, its a relaxing romantic place to be.

If you'd rather be in San Francisco, we also like the Hyatt Regency - you will want to be on a higher floor in the hotel for best views. The rooms are nice - and you can room service such things as strawberries and champagne (if that is your type of things....or bring your own which is also ok.)

Dublin, California
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help, I need a hotel with a balcony and view in SF Bay Area

planning for sometime within the next 2 months.

The Ritz at half moon bay is perfect but they want $1000 for the room so I'm considering all alternatives.

The Hyatt in SF looks good but its difficult to gauge the balcony views as they seem to be angled. I cant seem to find any good pics online either.

Going to look at the Tomales Bay one as well right now.

Thanks everyone, keep the input coming. I want to get this right!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help, I need a hotel with a balcony and view in SF Bay Area

I got a 15th floor "bay view" room at the Hyatt Regency in September, but there was another tall building directly across which blocked a large part of the bay from view, could only see it on either side of the other building.

Also the balconies are bare concrete, not exactly the most romantic.

sf
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Help, I need a hotel with a balcony and view in SF Bay Area

Suggest you call the Hyatt directly, and ask for a view room. You haven't mentioned when you need this room, if its in Summer you'll have to contend with conventions, and low inventory so price will be higher.